Thursday, September 16, 2010

New York Fashion Favorites

These are looks from collections I really liked. This is part 1.
Karen Walker- I like her clothes because they are so girly; Walker has a great eye for prints and color. I enjoy the mix of prints in the first piece. I'm a big fan of printed blazers and those pants are a great match to both prints. The unstructured jacket in the second look seems very cozy and great for early spring. The last look is just a great mini dress.
This next look shows off her color skills; I've never thought of orange and grey together and they look great. The yellow skirt is spectacular. It looks like it would be so fun to twirl and twirl in. The print on the shirt is looks great with the cool silver.
Chris Benz had a girly 70s vibe to it. A lot of the looks in the collection were monochromatic.I really like the dress in the first look. The colors in the next look are great. I love the contrast of the neon green with the pale mint colors plus, it looks like a green Daphne from Scooby Doo. I love the colors of this orange outfit. The tassels on the cardigan make it fun.
These are just really pretty dresses and who would have thought that blue leather could look sweet?
What are you favorite fashion week looks?

32 comments :

MarchMusings said...

Karen Walker's collection was a breath of fresh air. I also liked Marchesa's red-carpet-ready looks!

Courtney Erin said...

I really liked the Chris Benz line as well - it was so playful.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

E said...

You know, the only collection I had been truly excited about was Phillip Lim, until now. I love Chris Benz's colors and preppy lines! So glad you put me onto this!

kelsea said...

i looooved karen walker!

Vintage Vixen said...

I'm loving that lime green number, in fact I really want it. xxx

Natalie said...

so much fun! i love the shoes!

peace x

this-is-hooked.blogspot.com

MyStyle said...

Hi there-yes, Karen Walkers collection is so vibrant and fresh, I also love Alexander Wang and Diane Von Furstenberg too!

Annie @ Wiloh said...

Loving the 70's vibe!!

Couture Carrie said...

Absolutely gorgeous runway selections, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Times of Delight said...

These outfits are just great :)

whimsical-wardrobe.blogspot.com

Indie.Tea said...

I like Alexander Wang's...very airy and pretty and different from his usual.

April said...

love the blue leather! it really does look sweet - that's amazing!

my favorites were peter som, proenza schouler and tory burch :) but i'm not even close to done looking through all of them yet.

ape-z.blogspot.com

The Owl's Closet said...

Thanks for sharing these collections! I haven't seen Chris Benz's collection, yet, but I'm loving what I see above!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

La pépite modeuse said...

So fantastic!! Love your blog

Melissa~ said...

I liked Chris benz shoes, and Karen's color.

thanks for your comment!

SMASH said...

Love color blocking, can't wait to give it a whirl!

xx
MILK TEETHS

Cafe Fashionista said...

I think Karen Walker was my favorite. Each one of her pieces is full of such flirty femininity - and the color scheme was perfection!! :)

Ariella said...

To be honest I haven't had the time to follow fashion week, but I have to agree with you that both Karen Walker's and Chris Benz' collections are amazing :)

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dressing Up For Me said...

Love Karen walker´s collection! I always have a thing for yellow and orange together and green too. ;)

Sher said...

Oh, I love the pops of colors! Am in love with that yellow skirt especially:)

xx

Josie said...

Oooh, those vintage-esque Chris Benz looks are absolutely gorgeous! So fun.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Pop Champagne said...

I like the last blue dress, the material looks fab!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Karen Walker's so refreshing and pretty!! i love the colors she use! xoxoxoxoo

KIRAFASHION said...

check it out Chris Benz! His collection is adorable! It was my fav!

Flashes of Style said...

Looove all of these colors! <3

Stéphanie said...

Oh !:! Waaahhh !!!
I adore !

soph (owl vs. dove) said...

I'm loving these bright colours. Karen Walker always has such fantastic collections.

Winnie said...

Karen Walker and the neon yellow is pretty amazing. Definitely looks like neon accents are back in force next SS!

Imogen said...

These collections are amazing especially Karen Walker. I love every single outfit here.

rebecca said...

i love the chris benz collection, the block colours are perfect!

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

un petit lapin said...

Oh the Karen Walker collection is wonderful!