Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Simplicity 2501

I've worked on Simplicity 2501 for a little bit. Even though it took me a while to get done because some days I didn't work on it. I really like it and will be making it again. I made view C because I thought the bow collar was really charming.
I didn't put buttons on it because I tried it on and put it to the place where there would be buttons and it looked very unflattering. It looks good on the dress form because she is a smidge smaller than me. But I've decided a brooch on the waist band would be nice. And it become a short sleeved jacket.
This is the best picture of the color. Its a really great shade of green. The collar is done in a cool way. You just pull it through the loop and viola a bow!
This picture illustrates how I would wear it. I need to pick up some brooches but they aren't had to come by. It looks good casual or dressed up. I wore yesterday with a striped tee and shorts and it worked out well.

I'll post pictures of me wearing it soon. I'm going to make one in a blueberry print soon.

16 comments :

Marlena said...

I love this!! <3
The little bow accents on the top are really nice *o*

Ali said...

What an awesome top! I love the color you picked andthe cow is just too cute. :D

St├ęphanie said...

FABULOUS ! I adore !

Cafe Fashionista said...

What a fabulous creation - I can't wait to see you wear it!! :)

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous work, darling!
Love it!

xoxox,
CC

rebecca said...

I love the collar! I really need to have a go at making my own clothes...

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Courtney Erin said...

I love this - I'm so jealous that you can make such lovely things. I really to get a sewing machine (oh, and the ability to sew).

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Clara said...

lovely pics
amazing blog!
xxx

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Oh my gosh this is so super cute! You're quite the talented gal right there. I get grumpy with patterns so I have the utmost respect for those that can stick to one.

Frock Around the Clock said...

I love the colour and the shoulder detail is wonderful - well done! Looking forward to seeing it on! :) x

yiqin; said...

What a lovely design :)

Noble Beeyotch said...

You are such a expert seamstress! Loving the little bow!

Sher said...

Oh I love this so! Especially because it's so similar to the new top I just bought with the bows on its shoulders:)

Adorable!!

xx

Robyn said...

I'm impressed. Sewing is not my best skill, but I am working on a few new patterns right now. I think this turned out really well. Love the color choice.

Jade "Purple" Brown said...

it turned out great, i cant wait to see it on!

jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

Winnie said...

Can't wait to see pictures of you wearing it, it's such a great blouse!