Sunday, June 6, 2010

Like my ipod's stuck on replay part 1

I don't talk about music much but I feel like ignoring it on a style blog is stupid. Music can influence one's style choices. There are very few albums I can listen to the entire thing over and over again. Listening to entire albums is like talking to a friend, you've heard the story hundreds of time but every time its still exciting. Axis Bold as love - Jimi Hendrix experience
Out of the two albums of Hendrix I have this is my favorite. The first time I heard Little Wing on vinyl I almost cried; the beginning sounds like falling stars. All of the tracks are good. The album proves that not only is Hendrix a sublime guitar singer, he has a sultry voice. I played "Little Wing" and he said are you sure you didn't write this.
Beatles 1962-1966 - The Beatles
Technically this could be cheating since its a compilation. Side 3 is pure musical euphoria! I can listen to side 3 on repeat for days on end (my family can attest to this). It contains my favorite Beatles song Norwegian Wood. It also has "I wanna hold your hand" and "help"
The best of Carly Simon - Carly Simon
This is a greatest hits album. This was one of my first records my parents got me it because I really loved You're so Vain. I really love "The Right Thing to do" .
Let;s get it on
This is just great music. I generally just love Motown. It is just a feel good album. The album is very seductive. Although, listening to lets get it on with a guy friend can be weird.

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
It tells a story which is always a plus for me. I remember winning my copy for 65 cents on eBay. It has great tracks like Starman, Ziggy Stardust, Suffragette City, and my all time favorite Moonage Daydream. I also like to say,"wham bam thank you ma'am".

What albums can you listen to on repeat?

16 comments :

Annie Spandex said...

That Beatles comp or maybe the later 60's one (there are two) is the first tape I ever bought. :)

Love Bowie, of course.

Some albums I can play over and over and over again:

Tori Amos - Boys For Pele
Stone Roses - self-titled
Morrissey - Ringleader Of The Tormentors

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous selections, darling!

I could listen to Angels & Airwaves on repeat!

xoxox,
CC

Ali said...

Oren /lavie -- the opposite side of the sea. His voice and songs are so beautiful. :)

a la Modest said...

Great music choices! We have all of those albums! I almost always talk about music on my blog :) I don't think it's weird. I love it when others do, too.

Stéphanie said...

Fabulous selection !

agnes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
agnes said...

j'adore le morceau de Marvin Gaye : let's get it on. Elle est très spéciale pour moi cette chanson.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ah, you literally have the most amazing taste in music.

I can listen to anything by The Kooks on repeat - love them!! :)

Winnie said...

Oooh classics! I have a really eclectic taste in music and it really depends on my mood!

S and O said...

oooh gotta love carly simon :)
xoxo
Olivia

Sher said...

You have an eclectic taste in music!

I adore Rachael Yamagata and Cocteau Twins to name a few:)

xx

Christina said...

I love everything here! Old-school music is often the best. For other old stuff, I like Guns N Roses and The Velvet Underground.

Fashion By He said...

cool blog

come follow the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

Charleston said...

if you love bowie check out the film c.r.a.z.y

x

www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

Becca Jane said...

my favourite albums lately are .. the songs from Glee!! haha oh dear.

Also - Florence and the Machine's Lungs is amazing.
And the soundtrack to Wicked. Can you tell I am a musicals fan or what?

Artpixie said...

Argh omg i love the Beatles. Do you have LOVE and the remastered Beatles? It sounds much better.