Friday, June 25, 2010

Crafty

So I have a mostly crafty update. This embroidered owl is going to be a necklace. I'm putting him on a much smaller hoop so he's less Flava Flav.
I've actually accomplished more than what's in this picture. I've finished the branch and started his wings.

Dress- made by me, shirt-walmart
I wore this outfit today to go to lunch and a bit of shopping with my mom. I bought pants! Its the first time I've bought pants since 9th grade that I don't plan on turning into shorts. They are pink and fit well so I said why not.

Here's me and my dress form. I'm making a green button up shirt with a bow collar. I think its going to look really nice.

19 comments :

The Seeker said...

You look so cute, as always.
And what a nice idea for a necklace...

Hope you're having a great weekend

xoxo

ergyerg said...

The necklace sounds lovely :D so does the green shirt, i hope we get to see it when it's done!! xxx

tess said...

I love that owl!

Stéphanie said...

Fabulous ! I adore !

Courtney Erin said...

Such a cute look!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

marian said...

i think you are a designer in the making, keep on churning your pieces
out
xoxo
marian.

Cafe Fashionista said...

You are so incredibly talented - loving that dress!! :)

rebecca said...

I love your dress! I wish I could make clothes...

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

MarchMusings said...

Great idea using an owl

SabinePsynopsis said...

So crafty! Sweet dress and I adore the owl! xoxo

Couture Carrie said...

Love your dress, darling!
You are so creative and talented!

xoxox,
CC

Winnie said...

Oh you are so talented!

Frock Around the Clock said...

You have been busy! There's nothing wrong with a flava flav owl necklace haha! That dress is very pretty - you should be very proud! :) x

à la Modest said...

Neat! Very creative :) That shirt is really cute, too. Love the ruffles!

BALKAN COUTURE said...

Great blog!


X

Balkan Couture

Charleston said...

really cute x

www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

Ali said...

Gosh, I wish to be able to do what you can one day. <3 cute look.

indigotangerine said...

I wish I could embroider! I love the ruffles too.
-indigo

Robyn said...

Love the layering of these two pieces. You have also shamed me into attacking my sewing pile tomorrow.