Thursday, May 13, 2010

Daisy

The weather has been really unpredictable lately. This week it's been warm, cold, rainy and sunny. This is from last week where it was warm enough to be outside without a jacket. I really like this dress because of the colors and how it flows when I walk. I wore my military jacket with it to nip in the waist when I got cold.
Dress- me, jacket- H&M, tee- came with a purchase, shoes-payless


On mother's day I went to the mall with my mom. We managed to get lost on our way there but we did find a cute little fair. She got a pretty necklace and earring set. I found a gorgeous bag; I'm not a bag girl so you know this was special. It was brown, soft and had buttons on the front. The sad thing was it had just been sold so it was only on display and it was the only one.

When we got to the mall we went to Forever 21 and I saw this on a mannequin and my mom bought it for me. It makes me feel like Daisy from the Great Gatsby and its twenties styled without being a typical flapper dress. Of course I had to wear it Monday, I'm not sure I like it with the two tone tights but I definitely see my self wearing this a lot: with boots in fall, and alone in the summer.


dress- Forever 21, tights- American Apparel, jacket- Marc Jacobs.

And I'm done with my AP tests so a big weight is off of my shoulders and half of my day I get to kick back.

18 comments :

CCWai said...

I really like your first outfit.
The patterns, colors, style are so cute!

ergyerg said...

The 1920's style dress is beautiful! Your blog is still amazing as well :D xxxxx

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

The possibilities for that dress are endless. I'd like to see it with a soft, felt hat.

You've gotta love Mum's!

indigotangerine said...

I love that second dress SO much. Its simply gorgeous. I haven't been to F21 in ages, guess i ought to pop over there soon.
-indigo

Ali said...

Oh, I love your first dress! What a cute pattern on the second one, too!

Stéphanie said...

I love your dresses !

Cafe Fashionista said...

Congrats on finishing your AP tests - that is amazing! Bye bye stress - at least for a little while!

LOVING your Forever 21 dress; the color complements your skin beautifully!! :)

Dylana Suarez said...

Super cute dresses!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie said...

Love these dresses, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Robyn said...

Love that first dress, and the fact that you made a Gatsby reference. Great looks.

Noble Beeyotch said...

you have such a cool style...I love that forever21 dress with the two-tone tights...makes you look quirky and edgy :-)

Sophie said...

CUTE!!


everyone please check out my fashion blog and follow it :0)

sunnypeaches.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Lovely!

SabinePsynopsis said...

Hi Daisy ;-) You look adorable. Such a lovely 20s dress!

Winnie said...

I love your dress, can't believe you made that yourself, it's fabulous!

SR@MyStyle said...

Hi there-well done on getting your tests done and love this F21 dress on you too!

Ariella said...

I love the first dress. It looks so pretty and 60s. Can't believe you made it!

ruya tabirleri said...

ruyada deniz görmek ruyada çocuk görmek ruyada ev görmek ruyada bebek görmek ruyada baba görmek ruyada enne görmek ruyada gelin gelinlik görmek ruyada balık görmek ruyada avret yeri görmek ruyada yumurta görmek ruyada araba görmek ruyada yangın görmek ruyada namaz kılmak ruyada kedi görmek I really like your first outfit.
The patterns, colors, style are so cute!