Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Vintage and Monkeys

So I've been crafting a lot lately. I updated a dress, made another diaper bag and a dress.
I bought a vintage dress last summer that I really liked the print of. I can't find the last picture I took of it but here's a close one.
When I cut the elastic off of the sleeve I really liked the bell shape of them so I only shortened the sleeves. It also had ric-rak around the neckline; I thought it was childish so I tacked it down.
The hem of the dress was very long and had an awkward green strip going around it. I liked the contrast hem idea so I took off the green and did a tiny hem.

And here it is all together on the dress form.

I made a diaper bag for my friends grandma. This baby has a monkey theme.


I did a decorative stitch on the zipper.

The other dress I made is very lovely but its for another post because I have a ton of pictures of it.

17 comments :

SabinePsynopsis said...

Great job! Love what you've done. I've got a heap of clothes that need altering, but instead I spend too much time on the internet.

tess said...

that dress looks great, can't wait to see you wear it

SR@MyStyle said...

Hi there-what a gorgeous dress, you've re-worked it so very nicely!!

SR@MyStyle said...

Hi there-thats a gorgeous dress, you've re-worked it really nicely!!

yiqin; said...

I love it! the print is awesome too.

pigtails and blushing cheeks said...

you did an amazing job on the dress and the cute monkey bag!!!! still can't get over the modifications you did to the dress, absolutely well done :D

marian said...

the monkey print is the cutest!
xoxo
m.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh Jess that dress is magical! Amazing job, my love!! :)

Marlena said...

The dress looks gorgeous!
You did an amazing job!

Becca Joy said...

The dress looks awesome, you've got mad talent :)

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous work, darling!

xoxox,
CC

marian said...

happy friday sweetie!
xoxo
marian.

Sophie@Diary of a Young Designer said...

The dress looks adorable! And the bag is really cute!

xo
Sophie

Winnie said...

That bag is so adorable!

Annie Spandex said...

The dress looks great! I think it would be awesome sleeveless as well. I wish I could sew!

ashford said...

The vintage dress is AMAZING. I want it! I love that your update didn't take away from its vintage roots.

marian said...

hope you have a good day
xoxo
marian