Monday, April 12, 2010

My Infinity dress

Over my spring I did my take on the infinity dress. It was very quick, only a few hours. I just spread it out over two days. I looked at this tutorial. I used a gorgeous blue brocade for the bottom and a white knit that I had lying around. Since brocade doesn't stretch like a knit. I made it a bit bigger and gathered it on to the waistband. I don't really recommend this because it is a bit hard to get off.
This is how I wore it to school, but there are many other ways to wear it.

I just serged the hem and zig-zaged the edges of the knits. I think I make this dress again but I'll use all knits. I'd also find a thicker knit.

10 comments :

Marlena said...

This is too awesome!
I think I just might make one for myself...

ashford said...

cute! I like the grecian one shoulder on you.

Couture Carrie said...

So gorgeous, darling!

xoxox,
CC

April said...

love the brocade!

marian said...

i like the blue brocade bottom bit, well done honey
xoxo
marian.

Cafe Fashionista said...

The way you wore it to school is my favorite style of them all. Gorgeous ensemble, Jess!! :)

pigtails and blushing cheeks said...

really creative how theree are more ways than one to wear it :D

KIRAFASHION said...

oh!!!

Such a beautiful skirt!

ChYmEc!nDy** said...

Hi i am your new follower.

SabinePsynopsis said...

Great idea! I like the first version best. Hope you didn't have to much troube to unwrap yourself ;-)