Monday, April 19, 2010

Balloons!

So I finally finished the hand embroidered skirt I've been working on since the first play this year. It's a simple white skirt with a balloon girl on it. She is based off of the Miss Dior Cherie girl, Marie Antoinette and Bridget Bardot. I'm really proud of it. It has a few flaws like really faint pencil marks from where I changed things but they're barely noticeable; next time I'll use a water soluble marker.

This one is my favorite.

I really like this skirt and it was well worth the work.

18 comments :

tess said...

ooo adorable! what a unique skirt, nice find girl!

Cafe Fashionista said...

You? Hand-embroidered? THAT?! Ohmigosh Jess you are amazingly talented! And so creative! I absolutely adore balloons, so I am obsessed with that skirt. Gorgeous!! :)

Iva said...

you made that?!?! WOW SO CUTE!

The Misunderstood said...

very fun squirt :)

Katie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jess!! That skirt is super cute -- can't believe you made it yourself!!

Ali said...

That is absolutely amazing and sooo ridiculously cutee! Good job, woww!

St├ęphanie said...

Oh ! So adorable !

SR@MyStyle said...

Hi there-this is really stunning, well done indeed!

marian said...

well done Jess!! the balloon embroidery is too cute! you look great n the skirt.
big kiss
xx
marian

Little Style Box said...

This skirt is so cute !!
Lovely !

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Amazing skirt! Well done! :)

Lovers, Saints and Sailors said...

That's gorgeous! Great work. I love to embroider.

CCWai said...

I love the skirt! It's absolutely cute and pretty! You should make and sell them!

Sophie@Diary of a Young Designer said...

It is just too adorable!! Love it!

xo
Sophie

SabinePsynopsis said...

I'm so impressed. It looks lovely (and like so much work). Hope you get to wear it often!

Stiene Saenen said...

oh that's adorable, I love it! :)
xo Stiene

Winnie said...

Wow what a pretty little skirt! You put so much time and effort into it and it really shows. It's amazing.

April said...

this is awesome!