Monday, February 15, 2010

Alexander McQueen

I'm really saddened my Alexander McQueen's death. He was one of my favorite designers.Every season he created something different and I thought it was so refreshing.. Fall 2008 was my favorite collection of his; I had pictures of it all over my binders while the other kids had pictures of Cedric Diggory as a vampire. Fall '08 had a fairytale air. All of his clothes look like they would move so beautifully.
This was the dress on my binder but it was in an editorial so that was the picture I had.
His tailoring was impeccable; his trousers perfection. They are pants even I would want to wear.




You can almost feel the bird flying.

At first it looks like a feather printed lace then at the top you see its peacocks.
This dress is just perfection the way the draping creates cool hip pleats and all the different sizes of houndsooth.
I always feel like I've had a response to his clothes. His runway shows were shows in themselves. McQueen has had a dress spray painted ,snow, and dancing on his runway.I always thought a McQueen girl would be strong but not unapproachable because of the silhouette he made.They may not be everyone cup of tea. I showed my mom one of his collections and she just said, "Oh that's interesting."
Even when he did really girly stuff like flowers there was always a twist.

I feel like Alexander McQueen was a master artist and craftsman. I really admired him. What are your favorite McQueen pieces?

19 comments :

SR@MyStyle said...

Hi there-a lovely tribute post my dear, his work is certainly legendly and unique.

Stéphanie said...

Great post. That's so sad ...

Couture Carrie said...

Lovely tribute, darling! You have chosen a lot of my fave McQueen pieces... especially loving that suureal houndstooth with the birds.

xoxox,
CC

Hannah Sá said...

Mcqueen show us that clothes could be not only catwalks we all miss him, I hope he is in a beautiful place with all the people that he loves

Lexi Colby said...

i loved his work! it's such a shame that he's gone :(

Ladyulia said...

I really love the peacock one
heart melted

and thx for droppin' some comment at my blog
love ur comment

xoxo
Yulia

Winnie said...

I couldn't agree more with this post, he was such a talented designer.

Frock Around the Clock said...

Very sad indeed - lovely post and I think my favourites are the crazy hoof-like shoes from last season, just because I want to know what they are like to walk in! :) x

Marian said...

lovely lovely tribute Jess, all his work was my fave as he was a true original.he will be forever missed
xx
marian

Amelia said...

What a tragedy. It's a good occasion to look back on his work, though. I adore his entire spring 2008 collection.

deep_in_vogue said...

Beautiful tribute, Jess! The dress before last has been my favorite FOREVER.

indigotangerine said...

he really bridged the gap between art and fashion. His patterns and colors and designs were always so amazing, he had such vision!
I'm really going to miss him
-indigo

Steffani Alix said...

the fashion world will miss him dearly. its so sad.

yiqin; said...

My fave was those killer heels last season <3

Annie Spandex said...

He was so creative and original. I really is such a shame. Fashion needs more fearlessness.

KIRAFASHION said...

I love that he brings back the pied de poule, it is so chic!

Meg said...

I loved McQueen. Fall 2008 was my favourite as well.

Twila's Vintage said...

You have some of his photos that I have not seen yet. I especially love the flower dress.

Twila
blog.twilasvintageclothing.com

Sarah Grace said...

I love McQueen and the 12 inch heels from his Fall collection.

xx