Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Vintage Patterns

I adore vintage patterns. I always pick at least one up when I see them. I intend to make them but my pile has gotten so large it's probably as tall as I am.
I thought I'd show you guys some patterns I found recently. Even if you don't sew I think vintage patterns are good to look at because the illustrations are very good. I think I like illustrations more than the pictures they use now.

I love A-line dress with contrast tops oh and look at that topstitching.

I'd make view B, the one on the right,in a sheer psychedelic paisley. I would wear a vintage slip with lace appliques under it. I would lie in a hammock listening to Beatles records in the back of an orange VW Bus in a sunny wildflower filled meadow. Yeah, I really like this dress. Its 16.99.

This one is sold sadly. I would have made the middle dress. I think the under dress would be sequined and the top would be a sheer pale pink. It would be like being a secret disco ball.

These are just saved on my computer so I'm not really sure where they are from.
I think the collar is awesome. I'd make it in a teeny floral and then the dress in a big flower pattern.
Adorable playsuit. I'd wear it to the beach,dates,grocery shopping,and while dancing to the Smiths.
Almost Christmas. Tonight I'm going to my drama club's Christmas thing. I'm not sure if I'm going to wear my jumpsuit or a dress.

12 comments :

Noble Beeyotch said...

Wow...thanks for sharing these great patterns. I love the paysuits, so chic and flirty!....Don't you just adore the illustrations on these. I do copy some of them on my sketchbook!

Nadine said...

I totally adore vintage patterns!

Merry christmas to you.

SR@MyStyle said...

They are fabulous patterns!! Wishing you a very Happy Christmas!

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post!

Merry Christmas, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Amelia said...

It's definitely too bad the third pattern sold. The middle dress is gorgeous! I should definitely look into vintage patterns so I could make some vintage clothes that actually fit me.

indigotangerine said...

i love vintage patterns. The illustrations are just great. Do you read Dress A Day? She always posts about patterns and makes up the funniest stories about the pictures.
-indigo

amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
yiqin; said...

Those shapes are so chic!

Ingrid (Garments and Gardens) said...

i love all of these illustrations. I think I am with you, I prefer the illustrations than photographies.

marian said...

Happy new year darling! Wishing you the best of the New Year! Hope you had a lovely New Year's Eve, I just posted my adventures from seeing the New Year in.
Big kiss honey
xx
Marian.

St├ęphanie said...

I love those patterns !
Happy new year dear !

sewa mobil di surabaya said...

wow, great post and info
keep posting stuff like this
i really like it