Sunday, September 6, 2009

how you like to aggravate the ice-cream man

Monday I thought we were going to start the great Gatsby in English (we didn't), so I wore a 20s style dress. I wore the t-straps because I was trying to prove a point about something.

Dress- vintage,shoes- thrift,jacket-forever 21
I bought the dress in my birthday money spending rampage at the vintage store. It was only $10.I think its pretty its BLUE LACE and it has a peter pan collar. I adore peter pan collars.


Wednesday I listened to White Rabbit while picking out my outfit so I decided to dress like Alice in wonderland with a card accessory theme. My environmental science teacher got it. Themed dressing is awesome.
dress-thrift,tights AA,shoes-payless,jacket-Marc Jacobs,fascinator and necklace- me

I wore my Dorothy skirt under my dress to give it some pouf but it kept falling down and I got tired of doing an awkward shimmy motion to pull it up so by the end of the day lace was peaking out.
The fascinator was going to go in the shop but I decided it was perfect for the outfit so I'll make another one to put up. There's a necklace like mine in the shop.

17 comments :

Indigirl said...

The card pin you wore in your hair is so awesome. I love it.

Nadine said...

I love both dresses - again really pretty!

Amelia said...

Both dresses are so perfect. I love the collar of the first and the color and poof of the second. Great outfits!

Lara said...

I love both of those outfits...the vintage blue dress is gorgeous, I can't believe you only paid ten dollars for it! I do love peter pan collars...and the idea of "themed" dress, love the tights!

L xx

Frank&Rémy said...

Both dress are so adorable, looks great on u!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Peter Pan collars are the best. And I'm not just saying that because I'm obsessed with Peter Pan, have always wanted to be Wendy, and think that it would be marvelous to fly off to Neverland forever, and ever.

I think you chose the most divine ensemble to begin your foray into The Great Gatsby. Daisy Buchanan would surely have approved. Have you begun reading it then? It's one of my favorite books on the planet - I worship Fitzgerald! :)

Pretty Little Pictures said...

You look so cute!! I'm very impressed you dressed up to read the great gatsby!!

Eri said...

Hi,

Just came across you blog and really enjoyed.

Please come and visit mine too, is a fashion inspired by Portobello Road, London.

Hope you like it and hope to see you soon.

Eri said...

Hi,

Just came across you blog and really enjoyed.

Please come and visit mine too, is a fashion inspired by Portobello Road, London.

Hope you like it and hope to see you soon.

KIRAFASHION said...

Jess!

You look lovely! like a modern lady!


love love love!

miriam said...

great dress!

i have those AA tights too, love them!

Fashion Pix said...

Both dresses are so nice! And I love the F21 jacket, it's so stupid that they don't have a store in the Netherlands!

yiqin; said...

I love your hair! & the poker card on your hair is so rad.

IMCurtain said...

Lovely post! Dropping by. Have a nice day!

p/s: We would like to invite all of you to join our blogging community which helps you to get more visitors to your blogs. It's totally free and you get the chance to meet other celebrity bloggers. Visit us at Social Blogger Community

indigotangerine said...

peter pan collars are amazing, I love that first dress. And it's impossible to go wrong when Alice serves as inspiration. (sooooo excited for that movie)
-indigo

Sophia said...

ohh i loved the Great Gatsby, and i love your dress! you definitely fit the 20's because of your hair, too.
all in all an awesome look for you :)

Anonymous said...

Cool story as for me. It would be great to read more about this topic. Thnx for giving that data.