Friday, July 10, 2009

Sunset dress

When I was a little girl I had an orange and pink dress I called it sunset dress. I would wear just about everyday while doing kid things. I loved that thing, sadly there are no pictures of me in it. I think it started my pink and orange love affair. I've been searching for another sunset dress and a maxi dress on Wednesday it magically appeared in the same dress. It may be a bit formal but I don't care I don't believe in wearing clothes just on certain occasions though I do believe in debuting them on special occasions.

I think it may be a prom dress but there's also a freshman girl who wears prom dresses to school, and I've inadvertently worn a wedding dress to school and have birds in my head so nothings shocking anymore.
I thought about wearing it yesterday but I thought it needed a more special occasion than just hanging out at a friends house. So I wore a flapper dress and got stuck on everything.

It was my 16th birthday. YAY for birthdays.
Here's a VLog I used YouTube to upload it because blogger takes forever.


Also my friend started a blog you should check it out here. She's ranting and showing pretty pictures.

15 comments :

Nadine said...

Happy Happy birthday... you look so adorable wearing this dress.

Couture Carrie said...

Happy birthday, darling! You look fabulous in your dress! And I, like you, believe that it's not necessary to "save" a piece for a special occasion - make an occasion, right?!

xoxox,
CC

yiqin; said...

Happy birthday! The color & length suits you SO well!

Annie Spandex said...

happy Birthday! Pink and orange FTW!

Amelia said...

Cute vlog. Congrats on 16! Happy birthday :)

That dress is gorgeous! I'm not a huge fan of maxi dresses, but this one is perfect and I don't think it's overly formal for everyday wear.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! What a fabulous frock to wear to celebrate such a special occasion!

I'm off to check out your friend's blog right now! :)

Austere said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sweet 16! The dress looks gorgeous on you.

Shopaholic said...

That is a gorgeous dress! I love it.
Happy Birthday to you!! x

Savvy Mode SG said...

Happy birthday my dear. you look so cute in your super lovely dress.

Little Bo Peeep said...

Awww happy birthday! That dress is gorgeous on you.
I actually don't fancy orange clothing but this one is beautiful :)

Little Bo Peeep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
St├ęphanie said...

Have a happy birthday with your beautiful dress !!!

Marian said...

oh darling what a wonderful sunset dress and i think the name is perfect for that mix of colours.the dress is wonderful on you and i agree that special items should not be left for elaborate occasions. the dress could be dressed casually with flats.
Happy birthday dear.hope youve had a great day dear
xx
marian

The Clothes Horse said...

Happy birthday to you!
The dress is lovely. Bravo to you for wearing it any time you want. :)

sonyawan said...

Oh mi goodness!
sorry for randomness, (like, I know its been ages since you posted this blog and everything) but I love this dress and really really really want to know where you got it! ^^
Also love the rainbow jumpsuit... and well, your style in general! ^-^