Wednesday, July 29, 2009

All dressed up

I finished that halter dress I showed you guys. I wore last Friday to a birthday party and today to fix my schedule ( the custodians really liked it) and watch Men in Black and play the wii with some friends.When I started making my idea was a feminine tuxedo dress. I think I accomplished it.
The back closes with a vintage zipper and a hook and eye.

The skirt is circle skirt. Its so fun to twirl in.
The top is trimmed in bias tape and has buttons on the waist band.

Sadly when I go to school I can't wear it as is I have to put a shirt under it or a jacket over it, because we have to have straps and its probably too low cut.

17 comments :

jayne said...

that's adorable!

St├ęphanie said...

Beautiful !

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous, darling! Love the halter style and the tux details... You can wear it with a white tank underneath so you can show it off at school!

xoxox,
CC

Amelia said...

That's cute! The buttons are a nice touch.

pigtails and blushing cheeks said...

you've got great sewing skills, i'm yet to learn =_=!! haha, if not to school, then i'm sure that it'll be a hit at parties, it's so cute!!

Thank You so much for dropping by and linked you too <3

Nadine said...

Lovely dress - it's soo beautiful.

Polished Sense said...

Fun photo shoot lady! Have a great wknd!

xo,
Jessica

Annie Spandex said...

Yes, it can't be appropriate for school but with a vest or little jacket--so cute!

Diary of a Young Designer said...

The dress is adorable! For some reason it kinda reminded me of cute dresses anime girls wear.

xo
Sophie

Marian said...

well done on your dress honey, it looks great! super adorable
Love the tux details! so chic
x
Marian.

June Paski said...

i loveee ur skirts, it's sooo cuteee

indigotangerine said...

nice work. i love circle skirts, they are so fun.
-indigo

Inside the Cabinet of Wonder said...

oh its super!!! lovely!
well done to you!!
:)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, I'm so obsessed with this dress. J'adore tuxedo style looks - especially when they have feminine touches. Love it! :)

yiqin; said...

So cute. I never wear halters tho.

Winnie said...

Gorgeous! You did so well with that dress.

The Clothes Horse said...

Very cute; I like the details you put in.