Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

I wore this to meet my friend at the library I found out that he's moving to England in the middle of next year.
Sometimes when I get ready I pretend I'm Holly Golightly. It leads to me talking in a wonderful accent in my head. ooh for the birdcage necklace I found the pendant and attached to the chain.dress H&M,necklace-me,hat-vintage no.5,sunglasses Urban outfitters
On the fourth of July my mom and I went to the mall and I saw flapper dresses and the word sale in the H&M window, I dashed in of course. Usually the H&M sale section doesn't impress me because its a rack of clothes that are either too small or too big. This time it was a quarter of the store. And it fit.

I got the flapper dress for $10 it was $40. The shorts weren't from the sale section but my mom saw them and new I would love since I wanted sailor shorts.
I also saw this cute orange dress, I love orange if you hadn't noticed,it wasn't on sale but it was only twenty dollars. I wore it on fourth of July night when I went to my friend house with some friends swam watched his neighbors fireworks and Will and Grace and waited and hour for delivery pizza, but it was good.
A sparkly pink dress,I got it in a medium instead of a small because I liked the shape the medium made and it was a bit longer which means I can wear it to school. $15
Before we went to the mall I told my mom I wanted a military jacket. I found one I had to buy it myself so I used my money from all the change I've accumulated. The jacket was $50. It may be one of the coolest things I own,I'm almost excited for fall. I love jackets almost as much as I love dresses.

We got some lillys for the pond.


We also got a cute little frog to encourage frogs to come to the pond.

How was your fourth of July?

16 comments :

Nadine said...

I love your fringe dress - it's so cute :).

jayne said...

great dress, such a fun color

Couture Carrie said...

Adore that green flapper dress ~ it looks fabulous on you!

xoxox,
CC

Cafe Fashionista said...

Fringe dress...I die! I have coveted a fringe dress of my very own for years. I love this one! :)

Amelia said...

That fringe dress is so cool! I love the color--I don't think they ever had it at the H&Ms near me. And, that jacket, too. Epic.

Annie Spandex said...

Great flapper dress and I love the cute shades. That jacket looks perfect!

Winnie said...

How cute is your dress?

Flashes of Style said...

Sooo cute! I love that hat :)

Marian said...

Jess you are a darling, your posts always put a smile on my face, so thank you!
I love the flapper dress on you,loving the sparkly baby pink dress too. The heart shades are too cute on you.
Think it is adorable that you pretend to be Holly Golighty when your getting ready at times,too cute!
The military jacket is super cool. be great over all your vintage or self made dresses
xx
marian

Yulia Rahmawati said...

wow
cute fringe dress
I also love the short
^_^

erin said...

you've seriously made my life with that green flapper dress. it's so lovely! and with the heart glasses, gah, i'm in heaven.

and your new sparkly dress and military jacket are ace!

xx

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-sorry I haven’t been around earlier as I’ve had flu my dear! You've scored some totally amazing pieces, adore the jacket and fringed flapper dress!

yiqin; said...

SO CUTE! OMG must be so fun to swing around in it.

Shopaholic said...

Ah ha! I have that green flapper dress from H&M in the UK, it was £24.95 over here, not sure how that compares to the original $40 price tag - prob about the same although you had a complete bargain.

I haven't actually worn mine yet, but it looks so cute on you, i may give it a go! x

Maren said...

Wauw! love your dress!
x

Luc said...

I love the orange dress. I tried it on in H&M but I didn't have enough money although it was only £13 which is soo good! I wish I'd got it but maybe it's just as well because I hope to go back and there may be one in a different colour! I hope I get it though. I love it