Monday, June 8, 2009

Flapper Hair

I had a good weekend. I got my haircut. Then went to a graduation party,to the mall then swimming in an ice cold pool in the rain. I went to a surprise party for my friend it was a real surprise since his birthday was a month ago. We went swimming in his pool and the creek.I also had my first crab at the surprise party. I lived in Maryland all my life and never had one. Taking apart a crab is a difficult skill but worth it but it is better when someone generously donates their crab meat, which is apparently a very rare thing.

My haircut gives me an excuse to wear red lipstick. I use Arbonne Lipstick in Bravo. It lasted 12 hours one,through two musicals,dancing,fried chicken,fries,cookies, and my lack of coordination.

Now for pretty flapper photos.
This was the photo I brought into my hairdresser. She thought it was Katy Perry. I want this dress.

Ditto
I really like this one for some reason.





photos from the fashion spot and flickr

29 comments :

Lisa said...

I love Louise Brooks! Your hair looks adorable

Annie said...

Your haircut is so perfect with your profile and yes wear the red lipstick--your haircut demands it! :) You look great!

Amelia said...

Sounds like a great weekend! The hair looks amazing on you! And I love it with the lippy, too.

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-your haircut is awesome and the style is just perfect for you! Loving your necklace too!

Pretty Little Pictures said...

Wow, your hair looks gorgeous!!!

Couture Carrie said...

Love this post ~ fabulous pics! Your hair looks lovely!

xoxox,
CC

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love flappers, and I love your hair. You look absolutely divine! :)

Twobreadsplease said...

Your hair looks so perfect! x

erin said...

love the hair! looks ravishing on you. especially paired with red lips.

hahaha...katy perry....


x

K@terina B. said...

OHHHHHH YOU RE SO BRAVE!!!!

THE haircut is AMAZING!!! so retro so chic!!! I LOVE IT!!!

paola said...

I LIKE THE HAICUT! AND YES, I WANT THAT DRESS TOO!!!

Winnie said...

Oh cute, definitely flapper!

The lipstick looks great on you, all you need is a head band to be the perfect twenties siren!

The Seeker said...

Oh you look so cute with your new hair cut....

xoxo

Yuka said...

your hairstyle is so cute! you pull it off sooo well.

Marian said...

Jess your new hair cut is brilliant! you look fab dear!
muah x
Marian

Clara said...

i love the hair!! *--*

xx
http://naoqueropastiche.blogspot.com/

LJ said...

oooh lovely!
xx-LJ from SOS!

Annie said...

your haircut is gorgeous! you pull off the flapper thing so well.

Francie. said...

OMG!! You got your hair cut~! It DOES look VERY flapper.. now that you mention it.

Yulia Rahmawati said...

yay...
u are very cute sister,,,,,,,

hey would u like to follow each other???

i heart fashion said...

Love your air! You look lovely .x.

She's Dressing Up said...

Yayyyy I love Flapper style haircuts, you look great!

Allie said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR !

Paperface said...

Awesome hair.

Hope your first crab was of the edible variety lol :)

Austere said...

I really like the haircut! I totaly thought of flappers when I saw it. haha

Vanessa said...

gotta love flappers! your hair looks great:)

caroline said...

loooooooove your new hair! now you can dance charleston whenever you like!

The Clothes Horse said...

What is the world coming to that Louise Brooks (a revolutionary woman) is mistaken for Katy Perry (a sell out)???

Song of Style said...

u have the cutest hair and the hardest hair to pull off.. adorable