Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Dress

A little bit ago I finished my dress that I worked on in school. It took so long to make because of hand sewing and there were distractions. I think this is my favorite thing of mine I've made. And its in my favorite colors pink and orange. It has a lapped zipper and I did it right after two tries (I got my left and right mixed up). Its also super soft. I used Simplicity 3833 its a 60s reproduction it was really great to sew.
I wore it on Tuesday.With my pretty pink jacket.
dress-me,tights we love colors,jacket-vintage no.5

After I got home my friend I went to a carnival. We went on an awesome ride 3 times and the man wouldn't let off the Ferris wheel. I had to plead with the ride conductor to let us get on the carousel, he made us sit on opposite sides to balance it out, and I won a pig at the gun game and I didn't even know how to hold one.After the carnival we drove around listening to Gwen stefani,Jefferson airplane,Jackson 5 and Hilary duff and dancing at red lights.

1. Carousel, 2. The Carnival, 3. The Games, 4. Self Portrait

21 comments :

pigtails and blushing cheeks said...

the orange and pink work so well! gwen stefani, LOVE her music and style :) where has hilary duff gone nowadays, havent really seen her since those lizzie mcguire days.

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-gorgeous pictures and your dress is fabulous, a great job done! have a lovely weekend!

$ouLphate said...

you look so cute that dress is great!

Cafe Fashionista said...

That dress is divine. And your inclusion of carousels? J'adore! I could live on a carousel; they are so magical. :)

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous outfit and pics, darling! Btw those tights in my last post are from stockingirl.com :)

xoxox,
CC

yiqin; said...

Great colors!!!!! I love that dress.

Marian said...

Jess the pink and orange work! well done on the dress dear, it is always a delight seeing your creations honey.
muah x
marian

The Seeker said...

Lovely colour combo!!!!!!

xoxo

Amelia said...

I love the pink and orange combo. You always pull it off so well. The carnival sounds nice.

Flashes of Style said...

Lovely colors of your outfit! You look great :)

Kaycee said...

wow. i wish I can make my own clothes. anyway, great job on that dress. keep it up!!

Morena Doll said...

How adorable. I love all of this.

Thanks for the comment. :)

Austere said...

Love hte colorblocking of hte dress combined with tghe jacket. Pink nad orange look beautiful on you.

Connie Hsiu said...

i ABSOLUTELY adore that new dress!!!

emma said...

such a cute dress!

Sadako said...

Very nice! I like.

Annie said...

I don't feel like it's summer until I go to a carnival.. Love the dress!

molly said...

oooh what gorgeous photos!

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-I given you an award and tag my dear!

Candice said...

Lovely pictures!! Your new dress is looking so beautiful and pretty!!

Estefany said...

I love the dress.!! The photographs show it all off wonderfully!