Friday, May 29, 2009

Jenny Lewis and Rodarte

Remember when I thought my friend and I were going to see Jenny Lewis,sadly it is not happening. We didn't think about buying tickets until I reminded him in Biology so while were were working on our projects we looked up tickets.
SOLD OUT,Needless to say I was devastated.It would have been great the first full day of summer vacation ending with Jenny Lewis. No Jenny Lewis for me and she's only my favorite singer and I had to miss her concert last time she came around. So unless the ticket fairy wants to grant me some tickets no Jenny Lewis for me Maybe if I sang a song like in Cinderella something will happen.
Yesterday I found an Alexander McQueen Jacket pattern AWESOME. While milling around on the same site I found short videos by designers, saw Rodarte made one so I was very interested. I realize I don't talk about designers much (or at all),but Rodarte is one I really admire. I watched their short film its called,"Vox Humana".


I really liked it.Amazing plus amazing equals really really good. I thought it was really. Pretty so the moral of the story Rodarte and Jenny Lewis two things currently out of my reach.

Though I do have a funny Rodarte story. I showed my friend a picture of this life. Which really moved me.I asked the basic question of," Does this dress make you feel like you can't achieve anything better and dress you made would just be sub par and if you cured cancer and put it next to the dress it wouldn't be good enough?" Strangely he said no. But he did say I would look nice in it.

9 comments :

Claire said...

That Alexander McQueen jacket looks amazing, but for some reason I can't download the pattern :( Everything about Rodarte is so appealing, but I agree, if I diyed any of it I'm sure I would fail.

Amelia said...

That sucks about the concert. I'm not really familiar with her music, but she looks really cool in the pictures.

I love Rodarte. They're not my favorite designer, overall, but from a technical standpoint it seems like they're the best out there. I guess their clothes are just so epic that I can't quite comprehend them.

Sharon Rose said...

Sorry to hear you missed out on the concert my dear :-( Love the Rodarte dress too.

Annie said...

It is an interesting dress.. I like the little fingerless gloves with it, too.. I need a pair of those..

The Seeker said...

Oh Rodarte is pure fashion art.
Sorry you missed the concert.

Have a great weekend, dear

xoxo

Couture Carrie said...

I adore Rodarte, especially those gloves! Fab post!

xoxox,
CC

Cafe Fashionista said...

Jenny Lewis is so adorable and talented. Love her! Sorry you missed the concert. Maybe next time?

Flashes of Style said...

Awwe I love Jenny! Saw rilo kiley once and it was amazing :)

pigtails and blushing cheeks said...

better luck with the concert another time maybe?

rodarte has got to be one of my faves, i love modern-romantic designers :)