Monday, April 13, 2009

South Carolina

We're trying to make our kitchen like a fifties diner. This is what we have so far.


I was in South Carolina last week. Everyone was very nice and I had tons of fun. I went on a dolphin kayak trip I had to be towed back because of the strong current and my weak arms. I ran around a submarine.
I went to this store called Exchange Factor.I got a mint green fifties dress and a sequined jacket.


I also went to a goodwill warehouse in Va. You'll se those next week its in the wash right now. There I got 3 sweaters a cape and sequined junpsuit.


Today I had a real relaxing day. I watched morning shows.Started skirts for the musical. And went to the library. They gave me a beach ball since I had a a library card. I still had to pay a 7.00 fine At the library I checked out Breakfast at Tiffany's to reread,The best of Creamand On Chesil beach. I went to record and tpae traders to see if my cd was in t was. I got Motor Booty Affair its pretty awesome.

12 comments :

Dooder City said...

CREAM! sorry I just love them. Your kitchen is so awesome and your dress is great too!

Ellie said...

Good job on the kitchen. Looks really cute and very 50s diner. Cute dress too!

Indie.Tea said...

The dress is lovely...
And so is the book :) I read it when it first came out...

Amelia said...

I love the 50s diner idea. I wish my parents were less into the more serious (read: tacky) home-decorating styles.

That mint dress looks amazing! This reminds me that I need to read Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Eeli said...

Sounds liek a pretty awesome day was had. Keep us updated on the 50's style kitchen. Looking good so far :)

Eeli xx

Twobreadsplease said...

A 50s diner kitchen sounds so so so epic! x

Marian said...

honey I love the glimpse of that fifties dress and LOVING the wall of your fifties diner style kitchen. You totally have captured the right feel!
muah x
Marian

Cafe Fashionista said...

A 50's diner in your kitchen? What a great idea! Who wouldn't want to wake up everyday and eat inside a fifties diner? So cute!

molly said...

mmmm "motor booty affair"
i was just listening to that yesterday!

i was in south carolina this summer..i love the spanish moss

sophia said...

that jukebox is just exuding so much awesome it's ridiculous :)
and sequined jumpsuit? i'm intrigued. please post pictures!

Frock Around the Clock said...

The fifties diner idea is fun! Theres a place in Liverpool called Eddie rockets which is all fifties and it's got loads of mini juke boxes on the walls! :) x

She's Dressing Up said...

Ahh the 50s diner style kitchen is so fun!