Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Orange and blue

Its that time of the year again. Its musical costume roundup time! Last year it was Alice in Wonderland themed this year its 50s High school themed. This instalment is particularly exciting since yours truly did the costumes. Its basically about cheerleaders a soda shop and football.

I dressed all the girls the same. In the first scene we all wore white button ups and capris, I got to add a blue scarf to mine because I was head cheerleader. The boys wore football jerseys that my friend made.


Ohh cool football jersey this one in the 7 played my "love interest" this isn't any one's best photo My friend and his mom used fabric paint and tees, on the back it has the number and last name of the player.

For the next part I had the girls change to red poodle skirts but the new student wore jeans so you could see that she was different.

video

Video this is part of my solo.

Then I had the cheerleader wear orange and blue skirts (the school colors). I made the skirt my self I was very glad when we decided to have 5 cheerleaders instead of 6.


There's no good group shots of cheerleaders since we were jumping around with pep and what not but this one gets the idea.

A better look at the skirt,the new girl wore a poodle skirt(we had to share my poodle skirt because there was on that was for her that was too small for everybody), the football player still wore the jersey.
Next was the homecoming scene all the girls wore dresses and the guys wore button downs and dress pants.(the boy I danced with the only one in khakis decided to make himself smell good during this scene I was appreciative because I was very very warm up on stage).My dress its the dress I got in Charleston.
Now its makeup time, the first night I had my makeup done for me.
Before I had to go to mike check like this the boys giggled.




After. I really like the way me eyes look.The second night I used arbonne lipstick,the lady said it would only last six hours it last 12 through eating drinking dancing sweating and castparty-ing.



My old English teacher got me a star and it warmed my cold heart,it said,"I knew you were talented but multi talented is what you are."

16 comments :

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-how fantastic!! You did a wonderful job and it looked like it was a fabulous success, well done everyone! The dress from Charlston is gorgeous too!

Amelia said...

This looks so fun! The 50s is the best era and I love your costume choices. That star sounds so sweet.

yiqin; said...

Awesome! It looks so fun too

Flashes of Style said...

You look so cute!! Looks fun :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love it! I love it! I love it! You are so adorable; and so talented!

$ouLphate said...

multi talented indeed! so cute!

The Seeker said...

You look so cute and adorable.
What a fantastic job my dear!!!

xoxo

Mary said...

SOOOOO CUTE
so pretty


& SO TALENTED!
Oh my oh my oh my!!!! Good job!

molly said...

you perform with such confidence, good work :)

Ellie said...

Congratulations - you did a great job with all the costumes!

Twobreadsplease said...

Love all the photos of the play, it looks fantastic! x

Eeli said...

Such a fantastic post! Really liked mishing my way through this one lol. Loved the vid too. You were amazing and it looked like a tonne fo fun! I had a moment where I want to start shimying in my room haha.


x

the yellow elephant said...

that looks like so much fun! and you are truly talented!

Annie said...

That is so sweet what your teacher did! Looks like you had fun!

Morgan. said...

I really admire that you managed to have such an input into it..I wish my school did musicals!
The costumes are really lovely and I watched the video of your solo...so cute :)

you've got a really good blog going :)

SOS! said...

cool solo! well done!
xx-LJ from SOS!