Saturday, April 4, 2009

D.c. and No.5

Today I went down to D.C. I went into Georgetown. My goal was to go to Vintage No.5 because I read about it on Fashion void that is D.C. It is such a wonderful store and the owner, Sylvia is super nice. I forgot to take pictures.







You have to go up a few flights of stairs but it is worth it. Sadly they don't accept credit cards but theres an ATM right across the street. Its a tiny store but is packed with great stuff. I got a pretty pink 60s lace dress. I white dress with flowers and a white and black dress. And an orange hat that matches perfectly with my coat. I want to run around with both of them talking like Holly Golightly. I got it all for $15.




I'm really in love with this hat. I haven't taken it off since I bought it. I was crossing the street and it blew off of my head I dodged many pedestrians to retrieve it.
I wanted to get this cool black sequin jacket. And I've been hunting for one for awhile now. Hopefully it will still be there next week. Vintage No.5 has a great selection and great prices.
Its on 1083 Wisconsin Ave.

I wore my science project dress today. It makes me feel like Marie Antoinette because in the morning you tie it all nicely and its short and neat. Then by the end of the day its all asymmetrical and longer. I probably could have stopped this by using non-slippery ribbon but I think I like its subtle destruction.




hat-Vintage no. 5,dress-diy,jacket-thrift,tights-target.

9 comments :

yiqin; said...

You pull off the hat so stylishly!

Twobreadsplease said...

I love that hat, it's gorgeous. I can't believe you got so much lovely stuff for so little! x

Pretty Little Pictures said...

Wow, i love that hat and that gorgeous black and white dress!!

Austere said...

Ah, definately love ht e draping on the polka do dress! Seems like it was a great store. I've seen it on the fahsion void that is dc as well.

Amelia said...

I totally love your new black and white dress. The dress of science is pretty awesome, too. I want your hat!!! $15 for all of it?!?

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-the diy dress and hat look so super stylish together! Your vintage finds are just fab too my dear, well done!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love your floppy hat. The color is magical!

Inside the Cabinet of Wonder said...

the dress is simply wonderful!! well done! i heart it very much. :)
i love all your super finds!!
:D

She's Dressing Up said...

Ooh I love everything you bought! =] Great finds