Saturday, March 21, 2009

New Wardrobe

I love pink and green together. I wore this Friday. Friday was a good day. I watched Hairspray,and read part of Atonement in school.




dress-made by me,tights-gift,jacket-forever 21,tee-Parliament-funkadelic concert
My sewing teacher showed me the vintage pattern drawer in school. This one is my favorite. I'm going to make it in the next two weeks. I want to move my sewing area upstairs because the basement is way to cold for me.
Today I went down to Ellicot City. I saw a bear blowing bubbles a pirate and railroad tracks. I wore my super cool Mondrian dress and matching sweater.
dress-forever 21,tights-gift,sweater-thrift,necklace-made by me
I made my necklace using fake pearls and a vintage presser foot I found at the thrift store. I like the way the big metal piece contrasts with the dainty pearls.
I also got a feather for when I'm feeling like a flapper or Marie Antoinette,shiny berries for a hair accessory and shiny heart shaped sunglasses.
And enough vintage patterns to make a new wardrobe.

23 comments :

sammi-lise ^_^ said...

love the mondrian dress!

take care, and stay awesome

lise xx

She's Dressing Up said...

Everything looks lovely!

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-I love your mondrian dress and cardi, gorgeous!

Indie.Tea said...

Very cute look. Atonement is a beautiful movie - I mean visually beautiful - and worth watching. I read the book also, and the author is one of my favorites.

mary jane said...

i love that vintage pattern too, and your matching sweater is so hot!
xo
mary jane

Amelia said...

That's so awesome that your school has a vintage patterns drawer. I love the whole Mondrian outfit!

Ellie said...

The Mondrian dress is so super cute.

Ida said...

The mondrian dress is fantastic!

Dooder City said...

hey jess, your outfits always make me smile. promise me that you will never loose that wild side of your style, even when you get older! it is so unique!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm so in love with vintage patterns. I used to buy them all the time at Woolworth's before they shut down. :(

molly said...

I LOVE YOUR MAGGOT BRAIN SHIRT!!!!!!
of course.

Flashes of Style said...

I totally love the color blocks, and especially that they are all primary colors! Lovely <3

Marian said...

Jess you are so creative! are you the next big fashion designer :o)?The presser foot necklace and pearls is fab and different!
Muah x
Marian.

Connie Hsiu said...

in regards to your comment, unfortunately it isnt my secret to tell...i feel bad but i have to respect my friend-others have asked as well. once he gives me the "O.K." to let you all in on the secret i'll let you all know in one of my posts-def check in!

Pretty Little Pictures said...

Love the pink and green together and those patterns look amazing!!

The Seeker said...

Can I ask you a favour? If you are inclined, would you be so kind as
to pop over to http://style.la-mimi.com/weekly-fashion-idol/vote-for-your-favorite-fashion-idol/
I just would love if you would vote for your favourite. Better if you vote for me. :)
Thank you
The Seeker

Mary said...

That dress! LOVE! so modarian!

Austere said...

So many great prints! I like how bright your outfits are.

Marian said...

honey hope your having a good wknd dear!
muah x
marian

Susanna-Cole said...

Love the dress with the geometric print! And pink and green, those are my older sister's favorite colors, she also likes to sew like you. ;)

Hope you're well! <3

xoxo,
S-C

yiqin; said...

I love the first skirt! you are brilliant in colors!

Inside the Cabinet of Wonder said...

you always look so beautiful and so happy!!!
:D

Jenny H. said...

i love that block of colour dress.
you look great.