Saturday, February 28, 2009

With a circus mind thats running wild

A while ago I bought what i presumed to be a bag of fabric at the thrift store. But it actually was a bag of precut pattern pieces and an unfinished skirt and it had some more fabric too! I the print on this dress was the reason I bought the bag of fabric,it looked so fun. So I assemble the dress I had to lower the neckline since there was no zipper in the back and hem the sleeves. I added a placket with cute little flower buttons from my button stash.

Sweater-gift,dress-me, tights- American Apparel

So when I fell down the stairs on Sunday it turned out I sprained my toe. Here is my super stylish footwear until Tuesday.Even though I was limping I still had to wear a cute outfit to school because it made me feel better.

Blazer-forever 21,skirt me,shirt-JC Penny,tights- Target

After repeating over and over that I want to expand my tights box to include more prints my mom got me these cool polka dot tights from target.

18 comments :

Amelia said...

That's really cool that the bag of fabric worked out so well. I love the print of the dress, too!

I'm so sorry about your toe. All in all, I've spent probably more than 8 months of my life wearing one of those awful little orthopedic boots, so I can definitely relate.

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-I hope your foot is on the mend!! The first outfit is really cool!!

yiqin; said...

I will steal your tights from you some day!!! :P

Nadine said...

I'm in love with the dress you wear in the first picture.

Maya said...

He's called old greg and is a character from a completely surreal and random english comedy called the mighty boosh. You should try to watch some, it's hilarious.
I love the dress you made, the pattern is so cute. Hope your foot gets better soon.

sammi-lise ^_^ said...

awww...that stinks about your toe :(

but i love your outfits!

and the blog...would you like to trade links with me?

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ruby red ballerina flats = love.

Flashes of Style said...

Those tights are so wonderful! I want them so much.

Connie Hsiu said...

the green looks great on you, just so beautiful! and i am loving how you put the last look together. everything goes perfectly together!!

Twobreadsplease said...

What good luck finding precut fabric by accident! Your poor toe, I hope it gets better soon! x

molly said...

aw good luck with your foot!
i love how craft you are

Elisa said...

Your tights collection is amazing. and your prints choice is so great!

Sorry about the foot, get better!

Austere said...

What a great, unexpected discovery! I like your printed tights.

Eeli said...

Ouchies! What happened for your poor tootsies to deserve that sort of footwear? Hmmmm? Tree climbing perhaps? ;)

Adorable outfits too!

Eeli xx

The Clothes Horse said...

Oh, I love both of your tights!

Dooder City said...

I always love how colorful your outfits are! Cute dog.

Laroux said...

That dress is really sweet, but don't you know those toe-sprain shoes are the new thing for s/s 09? :P


x

Danz said...

Cute outfits! Both pairs of tights are really cool.

Also, I just want to remind you that the contest for the studded belt from Chickdowntown ends in 10 days if you're interested in entering. I hope you will!

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day dear :)