Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Outfits, Vlog and a patern review

Yesterday I wanted to wear all plaid again. I love plaid. All I need is a plaid jacket and shoes and I could be all plaid out. I really like this dress because its not a silhouette I wear often.



I used Butterick 4513 to make this dress. it was an easy pattern to follow, and it was quick because there is no zipper. However if you use this and you are short you should shorten the pattern. I hacked about 11 inches of of the pattern. It is calf length on a regular person. I went a size smaller on the top since there was allot of ease. but I left it a bit loose so I could get out of it.
I wore the dress today. I actually put it on inside out by accident this morning so I was glad I could have gym class so I could fix it. I had to wear a dress and a skirt under it to get it as puffy as it was. I think it needs to be puffier. It felt really strange to wear a 50s style because usually when it looks like a step out of a time machine I look like I'm form the 60s.




Back

Hem and fabric detail.I hemmed it using bias tape. I'm in love with bias tape now

And a vlog

video

16 comments :

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-you are such a talented and skilled young lady-the dress you made is lovely!

Nadine said...

I've also made that dress but I've changed it a little bit cause the original fit was just not suitable for my body :). Your's looks perfect! Love it soo much.

Amelia said...

I love both dresses. The red heart bag looks nice. Have fun with the musical!

Marian said...

well done Jess your super talented honey!love bothe the tartan dress and the reen floral!
muah x
Marian

Dooder City said...

You must sell these dresses! Mayne you already do?
You are so talented.

molly said...

TWO DAYS UNTIL YOUR P-FUNK CONCERT!!! im so excited for you, im counting the days haha
i cannot wait to hear about it!!!

yiqin; said...

You look SO adorable in the second outfit!!! Awesome

Eeli said...

lol so cute, as for your problem with the computer just click on that bar and 'drag and drop' it towards the bottom of the screen like you would a folder. Hope that gets resolved.

Congrats on the musical part. Be sure to ake another v-log of a snippet of your performance yeah? ;)

xx

Cafe Fashionista said...

Those yellow walls are kind of perfect. As are the dresses.

Connie Hsiu said...

oh youre too cute!!! i love these dresses1

Savvy Mode SG said...

i love the first dress. so stylish.

Yvonne said...

i luv ur kitchen and ur dresses! so cheery looking... do u live in the country / rural parts? cuz that's what these pics r making me think of.

Elizabeth said...

i love that dress you made, its very lovely!

Danz said...

Love all the prints, especially in the first outfit! You did a great job on that dress - it's so lovely!

cherish_jd said...

i love all your dresses! especially the plaid one.

Vain and Vapid said...

Beautiful job with the dress. I am in love with bias tape too...