Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Hippie?

My midterms are FINALLY over. I have the next few days off,
I went to the library Friday and I wore one of my favorite outfits.
Heels thrift,doors tee walmart,sweater gift,coat Burlington's,skirt purse fascinator-me,tights AA
I wore flats to school but I changed into heels because they make me feel good. The librarians were very friendly. On my way home I came across a strange boy.
Boy: You know its not 1960
Me:Yes I'm aware
Boy: Okay cuz you look like a hippie its 2009 not the future
I just walked away I'm not very good at witty comebacks sadly. He seems a bit confused about his decades though.
It snowed today it made me so happy I love the snow.
Yesterday I had my last exam. When our money lady came over she said that I dressed just like she did in the 80s.

I found out my camera does long exposures and I love long exposures even before I knew what It was,there was one of the sky in our science book in 6th grade and i thought it looked really cool.

tights-sparkly 579 hound sooth target,shoes payless dress-vintage,sweater nordstrom

21 comments :

Flashes of Style said...

I love your red coat! You have a great blog, I'll definitely be back for more :)

Amelia said...

Haha, it's so cool to see you outside your kitchen. I adore the 2nd outfit and the pictures of it.

mary jane said...

that heart bag is darling!
are you going to sell them? i might have to get one...

poor boy, sounds like he's not all that good at witty insults either... a futuristic hippie sounds interesting though...
xo
mary jane

Chester said...

I love the outfit.
Especially the second one.

Dooder City said...

i love the story of the dude who said you were a hippy. i would take that as a compliment.

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-keep up the amazing outfits, regardless of what people say, you have a unique gorgeous style my dear!

SOS! said...

i really like your two colour tights. i tried to make a pair from two pairs but it was very awkward!
SOS-er fi xx

Aless & RocĂ­o said...

Lovely outfits!!
xx

Siska said...

I love your tights <3

DaisyChain said...

so cute.

hanna said...

love your red coat!! absolutely gorgeous

TEXTSTYLES said...

the stripe on stripe with herringbone tights is so intense.
badass look.


*bisous*

molly said...

sounds like the boy was giving you a huge compliment to me!
i would be thrilled and say "thank you"

Mary said...

AHHH SO CUTE.
Love the stripey skirt! And red coat! And awesome tights! And heart bags! and just loveeee...

I need TV tgo get me through Mondays.. jeez... television makes it all so much better.

yiqin; said...

The last outfit is my favourite!! You look so chic! The first skirt must be so fun to wear!

Nadine said...

I love both looks - they are so crazy and colorful :)!

Laroux said...

Boy's no nothing about fashion - especially boys like that! I love your coat, such a lush cut and colour.

x

Sarah Von said...

Never mind those silly boys, you are rocking that look! Also: isn't walking away without a response usually the best comeback? I'm going to tell myself that it is because that's what I always do.

emma said...

ew people are lame, i love the skirt!

frances said...

you have ace style, i love these outfits. (ignore anachronism boy!) x

donna AND navaz said...

I love the red coat AND the tights. Um, maybe the boy was trying to flirt with you (in a kind of crap way)...?!