Thursday, January 15, 2009

Connect the dots

Thanks to Annie Spandex I found Fashionary. It combines two of my favorite things dresses and connect the dots. So you just draw what you want over the person and then connect the other lines for there arms legs and faces and voila a pretty picture. I think its improved my people drawing skills. No more lopsided people.

Lets compare shall we:
Before Fashionary


With Fashionary





When you use the printable templates its a good way to discreetly do something else in school when everyone else is finishing their work. I filled about five sheets of these in one school day. So I'd say that was a very productive day in the public school system.
Sorry most of the pictures aren't colored I'm not friends with the fun kids who bring colored pencils with them everywhere. Is it bad I want photoshop just to color things because paint doesn't do a good job.

10 comments :

lynst25 said...

"I'm not friends with the fun kids who bring colored pencils with them everywhere."

lmao that is such a good way to put it- that's exactly how i feel when i have a project that's due next class and i need to put finishing touches on the poster.

Amelia said...

That's a cool template. Your drawings are quite lovely. I love the middle one in the 2nd Fashionary picture. The skirt is lovely.

molly said...

haha thats awesome, cool designs

Pener said...

Thanks for your mention!

lilustyle said...

nice :-))))))))

The Seeker said...

So cool!!!

And you've done very nice designs.

xoxo

yiqin; said...

Love the templates! Ah I need something to distact me from school too

Savvy Mode SG said...

that is cool! have a nice weekend.

Annie said...

Awesome!! So cool to see your designs with it and thanks for the link! <3

m.mckenzie said...

At NELSON WADE ( http://www.nelsonwade.com ), we design custom elegant apparel for men and women. This sketch book is a must have for any designer!

It's a great way to consistently design around the female form. I design my propose custom apparel for my clients right in front of them. They get real excited see the design come to form.