Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wrap it up

I received a lovely Christmas card from Susanna-Cole of Girl meets NYC. Capes ,nice thoughts dresses hats exclamation points all things that are great in a card.
I often go to my parents friends parties with them I always bring a book because over the years I realized when you are young, adults don't want to talk to you. Whenever I go to the mentioned parties I'll find a nice place to sit and start my book. Usually if any contact occurs they ask What book are you reading,where do you go to school. After this they go talk to my parents because since I'm 15 they believe I have no complex thoughts. There was on exception to this someone preferred talking to me over talking to my mother. We discussed Leopard skin pill box hat by Bob Dylan, George Clinton,and Rei Kawakubo.

There was a point of that somehow. Oh, yes I wore this outfit to a parental party and For a quick (10 minute until clothing time ) thrifting trip.






(dress and orange skirt-thrift,vest-rave,tights-AA,jacket-forever 21,bow-moi)


I told my mom how lace is a universal fabric because it unites everyone supermodels,prostitutes,grannies, and regular people like you and me. She laughed.

15 comments :

Indigirl said...

I love the lace dress and the orange skirt. As for adult party's that happens to me every time.

Jenny H. said...

i love the laceeee.

Amelia said...

I love the Jonathan Leder picture from that card. Your outfit is amazing. Lace really is rather democratizing, isn't it.

peaitlreiecnia said...

i agree about the adults thing, age clearly renders kids incapable of any complex brain activity lol

and the what you said about the lace made me smile

brill outfit!
:)

Miss Karen said...

I love your lace quote - I promist to pass on your wisdom to every stranger I meet. Your outfit is just wonderful - every disparate element comes together and creates perfection.

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-I love that comment to you mom!! A fabulous unique outfit my dear!

susie_bubble said...

The orange underneath the lace is really unique...

♥ fashion chalet said...

Thanks, Jess! x

Happy Holidays-- I hope you like what ya hear! :)

xx

Eelie said...

How crazy cool is that outfit! loves it. I also laughed when you made that faithful description of lace. So true hun.

Hope you're spending these last few days of 08 well :D

Nadine said...

I love wearing lace, too!

the yellow elephant said...

i adore the lace dress! it's very sweet! i know it's a bit too late but: happy xmas!

THE HOUSE OF STYLE said...

darling Jess,agree with you on lace being a universal fabric my sweet.the lace on you is delish.used to hate grown up parties as a teen too.good thinking on taking a book to read ;O)
have a fabu and fun new year Jess.
muah
marian

yiqin; said...

The tights <33333 Happy new year!!

Rodarte,Rodarte said...

laceee
<3

Susanna-Cole said...

Aw, glad you liked the card! And oh I know what you mean! Even at 18 now, adults still ask me the same old, lame questions, "What school do you go to?" blah, blah. Of course I have them all raising their eye brows when I say, "I'm not in school right now." This confuses them, as most normal students go straight from high school to college, and I totally rebelled against that. Of course then they're just like, "Well what college are you planning to go to?" "What are you planning on studying?" etc...

Ok rambling sorry! Love your thoughts about lace, and happy new year! <3

xoxo,
S-C