Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Viktor and Rolf Part 1


I'm getting sick of seeing myself plastered all over this blog. So I figured I'll actually write something here.

Viktor and Rolf are one(two technically) of my favorite designers. I think they are very creative and imaginative which I find very important. So I'm going to review their collections.


Let's start at the begging shall we...

1993




Doesn't that skirt make you smile and that pants/skirt suit.


First couture show Summer 1998


Colors: Mostly cream with splashes of color and metallic

Elements: Folding,Volume around the face,slimmer skirts and there appears to be cage skirt.

I picked my favorite pieces in this collection.I really love the back of the cream coat in the second photo. It reminds me of a bow.

Hopefully this series shall get better when I make pictures biggger and write something semi-intelligent.

9 comments :

Savvy Mode SG said...

the collection is cool but i don't know if i can wear it.

Amelia said...

I like the skirt. It's kind of a ratty, dilapidated Marie Antoinette look.

The Seeker said...

Interesting, but I think not much wearable.

xoxo

Miss Karen said...

I love how avant garde they are - they really stretch the creative boundaries while still making the clothes look like clothes!

THE HOUSE OF STYLE said...

they are brilliant huh? so talented!
love them
muah x
Marian

molly said...

i love your pictures of yourself, but this is rad too

CHARMAINE said...

the couture is EXQUISITE..

THE HOUSE OF STYLE said...

hope your well Jess,have a great wknd.
muah x
marian

Rodarte,Rodarte said...

I love Victor and Rolf!!
<333
Ugh,and that long shaggy skirt is beautiful!