Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A food pyramid with 16 blocks


On Monday I wore the flower skirt I made. I really love it I also wore on thanksgiving. It was originally going to be all big flowers but, the super sweet lady at my local craft place said that I should throw in some little flowers. I think it was a great suggestion. I made a puff skirt then machine sewed the flowers then hand sewed a little pearl bead on each flower.

(this was supposed to be a detail shot.)
I felt like a big walking garden I think if I do another skirt like this it would be ALL flower covered.
Today I wore a dress from the vintage store that I love. It was my first real purchase there I got it because I did well in school. It was a very short trip because the salesgirl that I talk too wasn't there.

I think I got whistled at by some stupid boy this morning, sometimes I hate people.Whistling at me does not make me find you attractive it just makes me think you are a pig.

But in good news some girl walked up to me today and said "You are awesome" and it was weird because I don't really know her but its good to her these things when suburban people sometimes look at you like you have 3 heads.

19 comments :

Emilie White said...

Cool skirt! I can't sew for my life! I really like your blog, I was wondering if you wanted to exchange links... if so, maybe comment your url on my blog?

Amelia said...

That skirt is amazing--especially with the plaid. I hate guys who whistle; it's so demeaning.

Nadine said...

Your always soo colorful! I totally adore this :).

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-I love the vintage dress, the colour is gorgeous!!

THE HOUSE OF STYLE said...

cool skirt Jess,hows the pink piece coming along dear?
the vintage pink dress is adorable!
muah
marian

Squishybubble said...

I adore that skirt! And your dress is very cute....
Suburbia is a strange place, and it is always nice to get compliments!

withasianstereotypes said...

Ah, your so cute and lovely. The skirt is so cute <3

&hearts, withasianstereotypes

Kira Fashion said...

so beautiful skirts + the tights!

a kiss lovely girl!

yiqin; said...

No one wears colored tights as well as you <3

♥ fashion chalet said...

you have to see Home Alone :)

Great skirt-- and thanks for the comment; plaid is my favorite!!

xx love....

molly said...

seriously, jess, i dont think ive gotten a better compliment than someone getting into parliament because of me!!
you have no idea how much that pleases me

Andy said...

so colourful! this outfit describes your style.
new post on my blog, check it out!

-A.

peaitlreiecnia said...

i love your amazing outfits, they're all so creative

i'm going to link you
:)

Savvy Mode SG said...

interesting mix of color and print.

LILU said...

colourful - i love it!:))

The Seeker said...

So colourful, I love it, the skirt is great and the tights too.

xoox

the yellow elephant said...

the flower skirt was sweet! a bit summerish...
xx

Wendy said...

Cute skirt!

She's Dressing Up said...

Yay I love the flower skirt!