Friday, October 3, 2008

Spirit

This week was Spirit Week!
Monday was class colors day. I wore green. My friend and i visited her old teacher and my current teacher and a witty conversation follows.

Her: I hate spirit week.
Teacher: This one is great because its only four days.
Me: I love spirit week! It gives me an excuse to dress up!
Both: you always dress up.
Me: Yes but I can wear a cape now.


The shot in the bottom corner is attempting to show how I used the men's shirt to make a dress/shirt thing.

Button dress-step dads old shirt,bottom dress-rave,tee h&m,Tights- We love colors.


Wednesday was Mix and Match day. People I don't know said I wonder what that Jessica girl will do. My mom told me I should be ironic and dress like a "normal person" (sweats, tee), but instead I went all out.My friend told me I dressed like I do everyday. My friend handed me a lei and said wear this he had a viking had today it was quite entertaining.


Argyle sock-I don't know,white shiny sock-diy, Leopard leggings- Claire's ,Striped legging-Claire's, Floral dress- vintage, polka dot dress-made by me, purple skirt -Charlotte russe,sequin suspender's-party city,gingham shirt-thrift,lei-friend

The next day I was Wonder Woman because I wanted to wear a cape
classmate: who are you supposed to be?
me: wonder woman. I just wanted to wear a cape.
teacher:any excuse to wear a cape



(the jumping indicates flight)



cape-skirt,skirt-thrift,shirt-diy,tights-target


Today was school colors day. My mom told me I looked interesting she said this in a way that made me tell she didn't like it. I blatantly copied Susie Bubble in two ways:cardi-skirt and caged skirt. I think I may fork over the cash for a real one though as a messed up the back


28 comments :

Amelia said...

All of these outfits are marvelous. I love how the green outfit is all the same tone of green and the shirt-dress is pretty nifty. Finally, the cape and the cage skirt are pretty amazing. I wish my school did stuff like that--I somehow just can't bring myself to go that crazy everyday.

♥ fashion chalet said...

I miss Spirit Week! How fun. You had some great ideas. :) Thanks for your comment. I love Audrey so much too. She was a beautiful person (inside) and out! :)

xo/ fashion chalet

Megan said...

i love all your outfits!

and our class colors are green too,
and i love how the teacher's like "any excuse to wear a cape"

haha priceless..

Miss Karen said...

I love these outfits. Your mix and match outfit is so insanely brilliant! We don't have Spirit week here in Australia and now I kinda wish we had!

MR style said...

all those looks are so mcqueen !!

She's Dressing Up said...

Your caged skirt looks good! And you look lovely as Wonder Woman! I wish Spirit Week had existed at my school =]

mary jane said...

how fun!
capes ARE great... you wear yours well...
keep rocking out!
xo
mj

Eelie said...

Oh my gosh, many nostalgic memories were flying through my head when i was reading/viewing your blog! You look so adorable and cute. It looks and sounds like you had an amazingly wicked time! And so much fun with the outfits. Very muych digging the mix-n-match one haha

the tea drinking english rose said...

that green looks so pretty on you.

and i am in love with your mix and match outfit! it looks amazing!!!
it really does!

beautiful.

yiqin; said...

OMG You look great in all green!!!! Love that outfit. The cape is freaking adorable! :D & OMG I WANT YOUR CAGED SKIRT!!

sophia said...

Caged skirt=excellent
I loved your mix-and-match outfit, especially the purple skirt. Keep dressing up!

sophia said...

anthony rapp wrote a book?

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-you look cute in the all green outfit!

this wheel's on fire said...

haha i like that convo! you look terrific xxoo

Nadine said...

I totally adore the first look! All green = perfect!

Valentine said...

you just made me miss school and the friday dress ups we used to have. and gosh, that mix and match outfit was crazy cool! yer by far the most original person I met online.. a walking party/cape wearing/ mix and match genius.

Ana said...

LMAO
"now i can wear a cape"

would you like to trade links?

Zoƫ said...

ahhh
i love all of these outfits
thats so awesome
i wish my school had that! haha

Savvy Mode SG said...

you are too cute. : )

Diana Coronado said...

crazy match !!

But you know... the most crazy, the most famous !!

Luv it !!

nv said...

I'm having spirit week toooo! I'm excited to get dressed up everyday haaha

the Yellow Elephant said...

spirit week, what a funny idea! i will recomend it to my school, i would do everything to be a part of it! one of my favourite colours is green, and I really liked your green outfit!

Susanna-Cole said...

Aw good for you for having fun with spirit week! I personally love the outfits you did, and you probably nailed the idea of spirit week better than the rest of your school. It's great to be brave and go all out and not worry about what other people will think! :)

"My mom told me I looked interesting she said this in a way that made me tell she didn't like it." Haha, oh dear, my mom does that to me a lot too!

Thanks for your comment, by the way! :)

xoxo,
S-C

Kira Fashion said...

such a super girl!

a kiss!!

Couture Carrie said...

OMG memories! I totally loved spirit week in high school.

Your monochrome and clashing looks are fanTAStic! Would that everyone had as much spirit as you!!

xoxox,
CC

molly said...

awesome, i love how unique you are!

Anna Shapiro said...

a cape
oh my god
a cape!

wow. i love capes, as you can tell.

Inside the Cabinet of Wonder said...

these pictures are wicked!! i love very much! you always seem to have so much fun. :)