Friday, October 17, 2008

Cdg vs. Walmart

I was very excited for Comme Des Garcons for H&M but its not coming to my area which makes me very upset. We looked up places to get Comme Des Garcons in my area if only to make me excited and then rip my heart out with sadness. We found a sweater. He told me you can get that at Walmart. I agreed the sweater wasn't that impressive.




Two Questions Which do you like best?



and Which is the the Comme Des Garcons?



If you guessed D you are right.



I really like C with my orange and pink habit and if it wasn't made for babies I would be all over that.


I showed him a few Comme des Garcons runway shows and he understood well actually he replied its different. Which is a complement as he finds most things boring. But then he asked where you would wear it to. But Comme Des Garcons is way better than walmart but it is also way out of my range both financially and geographically


Walmart is good for basics leotard socks black tights and sometimes a skirt .



(stuff from Walmart)
Here is a collage of bad to okay walmart clothes I kinda like the purple dress and the idea of a double breasted hoodie





Comme Des Garcons is just brillant. Sometimes it is a bit darker than what I'm into but you need to balance out all the flowers and polka dots out with something. I made a collage forgot to save it Gah! but just look on Style.com

7 comments :

Miss Karen said...

Oh I love CDG and I curse the fact that Australia is without a H&M.

Although some of the pieces do look like they could be sourced elsewhere (Walmart for example).

whichgoose said...

TAG, you're it!
You've been tagged to share 7 random facts about yourself! See my Blog for the details/rules.

♥ fashion chalet said...

Thanks, sweetie. So sweet of you to stop by and comment. :) Hope your weekend is going well!

xo/ fashion chalet

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-I also love Comme des Garcons-top tip-search ebay.com for vintage, hopefully you'll get a cheap bargain!!

Jenny H. said...

thankss so much!
im glad you liked my photoshoot with my friends.
it was so much fun to do :)

The Seeker said...

Well I do not have H&M in my island, so.... :(

xoxo

Valentine said...

CDG = LOVE. and there's always something for everyone in their collections, I suppose. As long as people stop looking at the outfits like they have to wear them as a whole (unless they are a 1 piece or something..)

ps

Love how you said "you need to balance out all the flowers and polka dots out with something" made me smile.. I dont know why.

xo