Monday, October 20, 2008

Amish?

I went to Baltimore with Megan I dragged her all the way to the art museum so I could take my picture with an egg.NOTICE THE ORANGE COAT that I've been hunting for for two years.



We met loads of friendly people. The lady at the vintage where we may be attending a party in the near future. A little old lady who want to buy clothes from me when I become a designer. And a security guard who said"is that a Dorothy costume under your coat."


From the vintage store girl who was adorable. I got a MC hammer slap bracelet and pins. I let my friend borrow my Mick Jagger pin(he has a slight obsession with him so I know some useless Rolling stones trivia)


Today I realized the white dress I wore is probably a wedding dress. I received various comments on my clothes.

  • You look Amish -kid I know from elementary school


  • I want to put you on a boat


  • What is she wearing-kid in the hallway


  • You always look so cute- dance girl I never met before


  • you are the only person I know who could pull that off
orange coat-Burlington,navy dress-thrift,white dress-thrift,tights-forever 21, shoes-thrift,pins-vintage shop

I like how when I stand still the lace is subtle but when I walk it's an explosion of lacy goodness.

Then a girl asked where girl asked where I got my outfit from I told her and she said oh don't feel bad I shop at walmart. I told her I choose to go to the thrift store because they have better stuff(though it is slightly becoming necessity as the economy is in a state of suck). She said oh yeah you can get hollister shirts there for like 5 bucks.


TAG TIME!

I was tagged by whichgoose. Not only is she a fellow Marylander she makes amazing hair accessories.Like this Colors floating pompoms whats not to love(Megan this is subtle hint for Christmas ,birthday, Thanksgiving ,or arbor day present)


The Rules:1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.


2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird


.3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.


4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


1. I'm sometimes anti-social. I Love people I just don't like meeting people with out someone I know there it just makes me feel secure when there is someone I already know.And I'm really bad at making plans with my friends


2.I'm trying to correct my anti-socialness


3. I'm unorganized


4. I hate math but I do good at it,


5. When my slightly crazy teacher rambled on last year I understood what she was talking about when she was trying to teach us life lessons(It freaked me out a bit.)


6. I have a weakness for shiny things


7. I don't like babies

I tag the first 7 poeple who comment unless they've done it before.

21 comments :

Miss Karen said...

Phew I've already done this one!
But I hear you one the anti-socialness. I'm the same way.

And I love your outfit - the orange coat is beautiful and the pins are something else! I love the Mick Jagger one :)

PS. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Amelia said...

The egg picture is rather creepy. I like the amish outfit--with the plaid tights, it reminds me of D&G.

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-LOL, it makes me laugh how people think you thrift because you have to, not because you want to!!

Eelie said...

lol what an ingenious way of tagging people haha. Thankfully (or not so :P) i've already done this tag hehe

You know, it doesn't really amaze me that people would think that of you really since you seem to have so much fun with your outfits!

Its so coincidental you have a wedding-esque dress for a couple of weeks ago i found myself a real beauty also! I shall show. Soooooon :P

Hope your weeks going marvelously!

Eelie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
♥ fashion chalet said...

I still love Gossip girl, but 90210 is another kind of fun obsession. :)

great jackets, especially the blue! :)

xo/ fashion chalet

emma said...

ah sorry ive done this one already, but i love that coat!

yiqin; said...

You have the BEST statement pieces.

Susanna-Cole said...

Love your outfits, always so whimsical and colorful! :)

And oh yeah, I can be a little anti-social myself when I want to be! :P

xoxo,
S-C

LML said...

i love all your outfits in this post!

ooohmaureen said...

thanks for your comment :) what a cute outfits! x

Paris Tarts said...

I loveeee ur coats! You look so cute, I wanna steal your clothes!! :)
Check out my blog sometime?
Tart

Couture Carrie said...

I love shiny things too :)

And that orange coat is FABulous - you look amazing!

xoxox,
CC

Valentine said...

Aww.. you dont like babies!

I like how you layered the navy blue and white dress-- it gave both dresses a kind of edge.. + your orange coat = pretty!

THE HOUSE OF STYLE said...

what a sweet post,you are just lovely. your post made me want to give you a big hug. when i was in secondary school(high school) folk didnt get my style either nor my love for vintage/thrift shopping. so if they dont get you at the moment thats ok,but trust me they will.its not your fault you have a fab stylish sense of style yet.most people build that way later in their twenties,so good for you. and anyone in the know ,knows all the fab goodies are at thrift stores..plus who wants to look like a clone anyway ;o) keep doing you honey.
from a fashion & personal stylist in the know...you have great style!
;o )
xx
marian.
p.s love the orange coat and the lace dress.

the Yellow Elephant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the Yellow Elephant said...

Your outfits always makes me smile! I really like them

Inside the Cabinet of Wonder said...

cute finds!!! very cool. i love your beautiful coats! :)

Indigirl said...

the tights and lacy dress is great. Baltimore people are always a weird treat.

molly said...

ahh i wish i had a mick jagger pin! hes the best..

Nay'Chelle said...

Well, when unintentionally wearing a wedding dress, Amish is the best look to go for. I like hte orange coat.