Saturday, October 25, 2008

Adventures in Thrifting

I went to the thrift shop today as it was half off clothes day.The sign was missing so my mom and I thought it went away forever and got scared but it was still there.I'm going to show you what I bought and some of what I didn't.I saw the Pattie Boyd book in the book store and wanted it she inspired Something which might be one of my favorite Beatles songs. And a copy of the New Yorker with a pretty cover.Happy yellow shoes they make me smile. And a red roses dress it looks 10 times better on.

I also grabbed child's flapper dress to wear as a top and a sheer top thing.The guy at the register saw the sheer top and said "what is that"


I tried on Pants not only were they pants they had polka dots . I would have bought them but they were too big. But now that I think about it they probably could have been made into jodphurs.
And a daily dose of awesomeness. She made this out of selvages (the stuff at the ends of fabric). I think I may start saving mine so I can make one of these for myself.

9 comments :

Andy said...

new on my blog check it out
xxx

The Seeker said...

Very nice stuff.
xoxo

Miss Karen said...

You picked up some great stuff there - I love Pattie Boyd and I've always wanted to buy that book but I can never find it anywhere here in Australia :(

Amelia said...

I love the dress and shoes that you got. The selvage dress is brilliant.

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-good finds, the books are amazing!

She's Dressing Up said...

I love the childs flapper dress!!!

ROBOTS said...

very cool!

the Yellow Elephant said...

the yellow flats looks awsome! the things you picked up were really nice!
trade links?

we could grow up together said...

gotta love a gal that read the new yorker