Monday, September 22, 2008

shiny


I love this dress Yves Saint Laurent made in the sixties. I am so crazy about it I thought about making one myself! I went on Forever 21's website looking for something else, then I found it. Score! It said Tunic so i had to go to the store to make sure I could wear it as a dress.

Surprisingly I found it. I don't put much faith in my local one as they didn't have the turban and my mom wouldn't let me order it. So i was very excited when I found this. The white part is a little thin so i will need to wear a slip.

And my final new purchase SEQUINED suspenders. I got them at a party supplies store. It was quite exciting. Here's how I wore them today

tee- commander salamander,suspenders -party city, skirt -thrift,tights - we love colors

21 comments :

Zoƫ said...

great find!

Amelia said...

I love the last picture--the overalls are nice. That dress is pretty sweet.

the tea drinking english rose said...

i'd love some sequin braces!!! they are lovely.

Daniela Wintour said...

she is very colorful! Agatha is one of my favorite designers, especially for children and beach wear.
I've heard about the tunic being sold at F21, is it expensive?

Miss Karen said...

oh my god - I love your dress, such a great find!

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-what great finds, you look lovely!

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

wow!cool!!love the dress!!great finding!

Eelie said...

That is a classic dress my dear. I'm glad you managed to find it :)

As for the sequined dress i'm so jealous you found it? I'm assuming you did so lol. Otherwise kudos to you for pain stakingly gluing/stitching all those sequins on hehe

That is a wonderful idea and i may have to incorporate that somwehere into my wardrobe too :)

coco said...

I really like that dress. Great find. I wish we had forever 21.

molly said...

thats so lucky you found the dress you covet! congratulations :)

Mimi said...

The dress is awesome.I love this artistic patterns.
The skirt you wear is also adorable.

She's Dressing Up said...

Your garden is so cute =]. Thats amazing that you found the exact type of dress you'd been wanting, I love it when that happens!

Kira Fashion said...

fantastic!

a kiss!!

MWah.fashion said...

ohh i loveee them. and the place that youre taking your picture is really lovelyy

Savvy Mode SG said...

very nice. i adore bright bold geometric prints.

the Yellow Elephant said...

what a find! the skirt is very sweet, and with those tights - wonderful!

Couture Carrie said...

Great find!
I love art-inpsired fashion :)

xoxox,
CC

The Seeker said...

My dear you're a lucky girl, what a great find.
Love it!!!!

And love your pictures, the sequin braces are sooooo cute.

xoxo

Valentine said...

color blocks! definitely pretty~ you'll be chanelling edie sedgwick in that dress.. *envy*

ps.

you must, you must! see oliver twist.. its a charming movie.. you'll love it for sure..

yiqin; said...

I was really tempted to get them as well! The color blocks & stripes are so awesome.

emma said...

that dress is awesome