Friday, August 1, 2008

Faux-seamed stockings

I lost Internet for a few days which sucked.
during my Internet-less period, I decorated socks.
Here they are before. I have a bazillion of these socks so if I messed up one pair it wouldn't be so catastrophic.
First I sewed buttons on the top. Then I had a long talk with myself about what else they needed. I tried more buttons but none of my buttons match well because I picked up two bags of the button mix at the craft fair for my science project.
Then I realized that by "more" my subconscious meant more shiny things.
( front back)
So I hot glued rhinestones to the sock. I did this while it was on my leg not my best idea. Then on the front I sewed on one big rhinestone. Then I hand sewed sequins on the think white band at the top. So when I turn the back to the back, I have a shiny faux-seamed stocking. I think this would also look good with black buttons as the "seam"
While I was working I saw three deer I tried to get a picture but two ran away. So I ran into some one's yard (they didn't have a fence so you couldn't really tell where her house ended and the forest started) and this little deer let me take his photo.

23 comments :

CoutureCarrie said...

Really fun! I am totally trying that!!

Squishybubble said...

Very cool socks! I am jealous of your artistic abilities! haha
and what a sweet deer!

Megan said...

this is awesome, i love your socks(=

Anna Shapiro said...

oooh, those sequin socks are HOT!

wanna trade links?

Nadine said...

I love what you did with the stockings!

Sharon Rose said...

Well done of your diy project!! the deer is lovely!

STYLE DU MONDE said...

Love the idea! Great job!

xx

mary said...

That is such an awesome idea.. I need thaaat!

Jenny H. said...

that is such a cute idea!

i realllyyy want a pair of socks like that now.
hahaha.

emma said...

aw cute!

Nay'Chelle said...

Adiorable socks! That's so cool you saw those deer.

Times of Glory said...

Dear, that's the FIRST pair of COUTURE SOCKS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vain and Vapid said...

What a cute deer, great sock project...

Wendy said...

That is an amazing DIY. Please take more photos of it.

Kira Fashion said...

really cool work, actually!

a kiss!!!

Gloria said...

how special! can't wait to see it in a full length outfit

Danz said...

Oh this is too cool - they look amazing! I love anything embellished so this is definitely a "must-try"!

ROBOTS said...

very fun!

Richel said...

The last picture of the deer reminds me of the deer that used to plague my backyard in the marin headlands when i was younger. i loved it!

Vintage Vinyl said...

Deer are so adorable.
Great craft!

Mariel said...

Thanks for your comment! I'm back now with new additions.
Great socks: I love your inspiration to do something creative. If my internet stops working, I just watch TV haha. I had a dress I made once that I covered in assorted buttons, but it wasn't nearly as cool as your socks are.

angelgrotton said...

You made great stockings ))) really stylish!

yiqin; said...

Wow, I need to try that soon! &you saw a deer?!!? Wow..