Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Egg dress

I whipped this up last night. I intended it to be a test run for a dress I'm making that's similar but the zipper part is going to be longer. I probably should have put some sort of lining in the top since its super thin,but I can only wear it to school with a shirt under it so its no big deal.

(front)
I don't think you can tell from the picture but it has green straps and a green zipper.The zipper doesn't really serve a purpose but I love zippers.


(top)
(side and back)
From the back it kinda looks like an egg but in a good way. When I belt it it looks vaguely Balenciaga-ish

I'm leaving tomorrow so be back Saturday!

23 comments :

Squishybubble said...

Cuuute dress! Also...have fun fun fun in NYC!!

Sharon Rose said...

have a fabulous time and a great dress too!!

Anna Shapiro said...

Oh thats adorable!

have a great time

and shop till ya drop
:)

Nadine said...

What a great dress. I adore the green details!

getting-freaky said...

Very cute! the zipper is so cool!

getting-freaky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jayne said...

cute! you're so talented! the zipper is nice and quirky and it really does look fab with the belt!

CoutureCarrie said...

very cute!!

Kira Fashion said...

hi!

This dress fits so great on you. I really enjoy the way it is :)

a kiss my friend!

STYLE DU MONDE said...

Lovely dress! Have a wonderful time!

xx

Biianca said...

great dress, the print is fab!

mary said...

That is such a cute shape! I love my hips so that would kind of emphasize my shape! Must try!

Savvy Mode SG said...

have fun! i can't sew so i really admire people who can!

Danz said...

Pretty dress! I love the shape of it when you belt it :)

Ida said...

Loving the dress belted. The green zippers are so much fun!

Wendy said...

The green zipper is totally awesome!

Jenny H. said...

soo cute.
you are really talented.

Richel said...

that's a cute dress. I like the pattern on it lotsos.

Nay'Chelle said...

Nice zipper on the dress the green complements it well.

Sugar Pop said...

it looks great, much better than my sewing capabilities :) Great design...pointless zippers are for cool people, ya hear?

She's Dressing Up said...

The green zipper is such a great touch!

Vain and Vapid said...

Love the tulip shape of the skirt.

Girl Japan said...

Fab... did you make this?