Monday, July 28, 2008

Mooka Kinney and the quest for the perfect romper

This post is jump around alot.

Sometimes I'm wary of a romper, but a few things changed my mind.

Every time during the school year when I get Nylon I throw it in my bookbag so I have something to do in math,science etc. when everyone is finishing their work. Sometimes the entire table looks over it at lunch. The comments about the clothes in there are very funny. We saw this article I really liked the jumper on the first page. Then I forgot about it.


Skipping ahead a few months later and I see Rilo Kiley in concert and I notice Jenny Lewis has on a supremely badass jumper (the photo below isn't from the concert I attended my concert photography skills are lacking,but its the same jumper). After that I realized a two things

  1. Jenny Lewis is amazing and a supremely good dresser

  2. I want a romper


    A few days ago I reread the issue and looked up the romper designer:Mooka Kinney ,and realized whoa this was the cool jumper on Jenny Lewis. I really wanted this jumper. Just my luck they no longer sell it and they've split. But, they have loads of other cute stuff.

They met when one of them rented a room from the other. They bonded over their love of Joanna Newsom and vintage shopping.



For there Spring '08 collection, They were inspired by the 1960's and Marianne Faithful.

They were inspired by vintage treasures.



the Jenny Lewis picture is from flikr

Here's the girls gone styled episode

18 comments :

Vintage Vinyl said...

I am on the quest for the perfect romper too!! Where on earth is it?!
And the girls in the last photo are amazingly dressed. I want those clothes!

Anna Shapiro said...

i wish i could find a perfect, floral romper.

jayne said...

ooo rompers! i really want a romper too, the first ones they showed did really look kiddy but it's awesome women like jenny (i adore rilo!) who really pull it off & show it as chic not just childish. the one she wore & actually that entire line is quite cute. btw, love the blog would you like to trade links?>

Megan said...

i wish i could find an romper like that too..i want one now

Sharon Rose said...

These are such great pictures-good luck on finding one!!

Squishybubble said...

I want one tooooooooo!!

CoutureCarrie said...

The floral rompers and vintage(y) minidresses are so hot!!

Kira Fashion said...

lovely girls!

a kiss!!!

Vain and Vapid said...

I love rompers myself, I would wear them year round if I could.

Heather said...

Try Delia's! I bought a navy blue polka dotted one for myself for my birthday, it's great! It even has straps so it's not too Katy Perry-ish. When I wear it with a red belt, I feel like Hipster Wonder Woman.

yiqin; said...

I wish I can find a perfect printed romper like the ones you';ve shown! I can only find plain ones :(

Molly :] said...

I love them, especially uber short ones :)

Times of Glory said...

The floral romper is freaking hot! I totally love it! I thought I don't want to buy any more summer clothes, but... there is always room for such a gorgeous exception xxxxxxxx

Sugar Pop said...

Aww, cute collection, designer, and singer! I love Rilo Kiley :)

The collection kind of reminds me of Zooey Deschanel, actually...

ROBOTS said...

very good!

Ida said...

Been looking for a not too girly romper all summer long, and I am not far from giving up. Sad.

Biianca said...

I have a romper from betsey johnson. I like it quite a lot
they are easy and cool.
hope you find one you like soon!

mary said...

Images like that is what dreams are made of..