Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just call me Minnie

When my mom gets home she usually asks" what did you do today?" I normally reply " I woke up ate watched Keenan and Kel and listened to music." You are totally in awe of my totally awesome social life, right?.
But today was different. today I finished my dress. Its from a simplicity pattern


My mom was in my sewing area while i was working on it for sometime she was confused by the pattern instructions. Before I sewed the side seams, I had this irrational fear that my dress would look like a mumu. I'm glad to say my closet is still a mumu free zone. I was quite nervous about the sleeves but they were actually not that hard. Well this morning i put one on inside out but i fixed it.

I also made a matching belt. When you tie it up high it creates a more babydoll shape. I'm really satisfied with the dress. Now I can dress up like Minnie Mouse when ever I want!

I have another Minnie Mouse related project in the near future

17 comments :

Megan said...

i loveeeeeeeeeeeee your dress!

its pretty awesomee(=

Nadine said...

This is such a lovely dress :). Good work!

Anna Shapiro said...

great job.
not my style but its cute

Sharon Rose said...

What a gorgeous dress-you are very creative and stylish, well done!!

angelgrotton said...

Big polka-dot. That's amazing )))

Biianca said...

ahhhhh pretty polka dots!
you look adorable!

Kira Fashion said...

just like a doll!!!

a kiss sweetie :)

Mariel said...

That's amazing! That dress looks fantastic and not at all like a mumu!

yiqin; said...

I love Minni Mouse too!!! Ahh & the color & print of your dress is perfect :)

Sugar Pop said...

GREAT JOB! I love it...so cute!

Nay'Chelle said...

Love the ode to minnie mouse with the dress! I think our social lives pretty much run along hte same wavelength. haha.

Vain and Vapid said...

It's really cute, the fabric is lovely....

Vintage Vinyl said...

That is an adorable dress. I like the matching belt a lot.

Wendy said...

The dress is so lovely!

Ida said...

Bravo! The dress is perfection. I really admire people who can sew, and you did that piece amazingly.

Times of Glory said...

Dear, you must be the cutest and most stylish minnie around xxxxxxxxxxx

Jenny H. said...

thats soo cute :)

you look adorable. haha.