Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

Tuesday was my birthday. I'm 15 but I don't feel any different.I got a sequined dress its surprisingly casual but the mom says I can only wear it to school with something over it. My mom and I also went to Kohl's and a certain jacket caught my eye. Instead of just showing you the jacket. I'm also including a slightly enhanced version the conversation about said jacket that took place between me and my mom.


The jacket in question.
Me: Ooh shiny.
Mom: No Jess.
Me: Ha ha a silver members only jacket. I kinda like it
Mom shakes head in disbelief,
Me: I think I'll try it on.
Mom: It actually doesn't look that bad.
Me: See. Shiny can be good.( the price tag appears to say $18)Only 18 bucks sign me up.
Mom: With 15% off that's 15 dollars
after wandering the store I stand in line with the jacket then i realize that the price is 68 but with discount its 42. I put the jacket back
Me : 68 dollars. Who does Kohl's think they are.
Mom: I don't know Jess
Me :Maybe if it was actually from the 80s I could understand $68 but fergie was selling this.
Mom: Calm down
me :Kohl's need to label their stickers better. its a jacket made in a sweatshop probably. That is not cool.
Mom: Lets go get some pancakes

I felt much better after the pancakes

18 comments :

Megan said...

nicee haha i love that jacket though..i'd feel better after pancakes too(=

i think thats hauttte said...

hahaa nice conversation, but that jacket caught my eye too. happy (belated) birthday!!

another.ellie said...

I love..lets get pancakes..line...

fun story.

ellie said...

Happy Birthday!

Thank you for reading....Hopefully, it won't be tooooo sad of a story.

sophia said...

yay jacket! i think i have one like that SOMEWHERE in gold....i'm not entirely sure what clothes i have right now....hehe ;) excuse for a shopping trip.

Sharon Rose said...

Happy birthday to you!! Never mind about the jacket-you're destined for something else!!

Sugar Pop said...

screw unexpected birthday surprises :(

meh, at least you got the pancakes...

CoutureCarrie said...

Happy b-day! I love that jacket!

She's Dressing Up said...

I always feel good when I resist a purchase! And pancakes... yum!

Kira Fashion said...

all the best for you!

a kiss

Squishybubble said...

Happy birthday (late of course)
That sucks about the jacket though...it was very nice.
mmmmmm pancakes!

Nay'Chelle said...

Love the shiny jacket! I have conversations like that with my mom all the time too.

Golden Calf said...

Ohmygoodness, I was looking at that jacket a couple of weeks ago! And then I saw they price and was like "Wait, this is Kohls. Come on!"

Times of Glory said...

Happy Belated Birthday, sweetie! You are sooooooooooooo sweet! I wish I could be as young as you! The silver jacket is super cool - like a ROCK star!

mary said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Haha, oh fergie ferg, who does she think she is?

yiqin; said...

!!! Happy brithday! Wow, a silver jacket! Awesome. Ahh I love pancakes too D:

Sam said...

Happy belated!
and that's a lot for a kohls jacket, but i'm glad you felt better after pancakes.

angelgrotton said...

This jacket is so hot ))) love it!