Monday, July 21, 2008

Gifting and thrifting

I got to go thrifting during the week. It was a very relaxing experience, compared to weekends where we go to five in one day. I got to pick up everything that appealed to me. I tried on the dress that I always want to but then realize its too old lady kindergarten teacher. I tried it on and sadly it is old lady kindergarten teacher. But I did get a few things. I realized they fell into a few categories: Embracing my inner child and embracing my inner funky grandma.

EMBRACING MY INNER CHILD: My goodwill always has a Erin Fetherson for target black mini skirt with hears quilted into it, its nice but its much to subtle you can barely see the hears. I was so excited when I found pants with hearts printed on them. I immediately turned them into a skirt.



( Kids floral dress,sunflower dress, kids pajama pants I turned into a skirt.)

EMBRACING MY INNER FUNKY GRANDMA: This reminds me of what my grandma would wear in her hay day. I found one photo of her in my moms box of photos. I love it but I don't remember where I put it.


( purple lace dress, shoes, floral dress to be turned into a romper)

I also had a party, one friend got me a hat. Two of my friends said we went to your favorite store and I was confused. They went to the thrift shop and got me a dress, shorts(they think I need more shorts for under my dresses) a bracelet,headbands and two necklaces. And my other friend got me a tee from art scape.



We made thing out of left over party utensils. My friend that got the me the cool shirt let me borrow her sunglasses with no tint(she got them in a furniture store of all places!). I also wore a sequined dress.




I made a hat that doesn't stay on. She made my new kitchen buddy.


Any ideas for kitchen buddy's name?

14 comments :

Sam said...

love the heart skirt! and the kitchen buddy is rad...but i don't know anything you could name her.

Megan said...

i seriously love that skirt!

and the name you should name your kitchen buddy is....*drum roll*

NICKY! awesome right?
or sharona, or mimi, or maureen,

which ever floats your boat, haha, boat..

arnold said...

haha the same thing always happens when I go thrifting! I wanna buy something and my friend Is like " wtf" lol. Wanna trade links?

Nadine said...

The heart skirt is so cute! I love to please my inner child... but I use chocolate ;).

Sharon Rose said...

Wow-you scored some great finds, well done!! I love the purple lace dress and the heart skirt you customised!! What kind friends too!!

Nay'Chelle said...

Shiny shirt!

Haha, embracing your inner funky grandma. Doesn't everyone do that?

angelgrotton said...

The heart skirt is my absolute fav ))) Amazing!

Tavi said...

Great finds! I love the sunflower dress and those heels...mouthwatering...
Man, you're so lucky your friends thrift for you!
Kitchen Buddy name: Mildred. Do it do it do it.

Mariel said...

Those shoes are fuckin' amazing! (pardon my french) What a find.
And about your kitchen buddy- what about... Edweena?

Kira Fashion said...

love the prints and specially you!!

a kiss!!!

mary said...

I just did a similar post! Haha!
I want a heart printed skirt.

Name your character Polexia.

SOMETHING PICASSO said...

sunflower dress sounds fun

can't wait to see how you wear all your finds!

yiqin; said...

I love everything you've found! I wish Singapore have better thrift stores!!

Vain and Vapid said...

I love that heart print pants/skirt. Looks like you did really well this time around....