Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Granny's Closet

On my last thrifting expedition I picked up a dress. my mom tried to talk me out of it. I think I like it because its very over the top.The dress kind of reminds me of a little girl running into her granny's closet and trying on the first thing she sees
I think it needs something on top because its too dressy for everyday, even for me who's always overdressed. So i Tried my yellow sweater(nordstrom rack) and blue tights(we love colors).
From living in a redneck-ish neighborhood and watching too many home improvements reruns(AL is my favorite) I now believe plaid is the perfect addition to any outfit.
then I added my Marc Jacobs jacket that I love. when I would wear it to school and eat lunch I would put another jacket on top of it so i didn't spill anything on it. I think this jacket can make anything look cool maybe even my grandma. This one is my favorite

19 comments :

Sister Libby said...

Bowie is awesome. And I love your jacket.

Golden Calf said...

I love love love the yellow with that dress. Very fresh and summer-ish!

xoxo
Golden Calf

Ida said...

I really like the first version with the yellow cardigan/blue tights. Super chic!

ellie said...

Its really got a nice flow to the outfit.

ellie said...

Hi! Guess What! I have officially tagged you! Here are the rules.

Here are the rules:
- Link the person who tagged you.
- Mention the rules in your blog.
- Tell about 6 funky quirks of yours.
- Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
- Leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers' blogs letting them know they've been tagged and telling them to go to your blog for the details.

Nay'Chelle said...

I really like the way the dress looks with the jacket.

Jenny H. said...

i love the dress with the yellow cardigan and blue tights..

Ragamala said...

Thats a lovely dress! I was just going through my granny's jewelry and found some delightful things. You look great in it!

Wendy said...

The dress is adorable. My mom tries to talk me out of wearing/buying a lot of things but I never listen.

Megan said...

hm thats a tough one, i like all the jackets with it

either way you look great in all of 'em(:

Times of Glory said...

You are so clever! What a combo! I love them all, but really fell in love with the yellow cardi and blue tights! You are just chic!

Molly :] said...

I like the dress, especially how you've layered it.. :) x

Gort said...

Great outfits- cool blog

Mariel said...

I love your blog! You have such a unique and awesome style!

Tavi said...

LOVE this! That dress is extremely versatile. I like the red sweater outfit best.

nv said...

I like it especially with the yellow cardigan, so cute

yiqin; said...

You dressed it up so well! Love the marc jacket! You're amazing :)

Stephanie said...

That dress is gorgeous. I like the last version best.

Adri said...

I join the majority, the yellow cardigan/blue tights version is lovely.